PDA

View Full Version : need some help

ryguy
03-29-2006, 04:37 PM
I have ordered a cleanup crew from J&L for my freshly cycled tank. I am wondering what I should feed the little fellas. I'll probably wait a week or 2 before adding any fish.

TheReefGeek
03-29-2006, 04:43 PM
Hopefully you didn't get a really big cleanup crew, it is best to add cleanup crew slowly so that you ensure there is enough algae growth and detrius in the tank to sustain them.

Anyhow, if you are ordering a cleanup crew presumably you have something to clean up? If your tank has cycled, add a fish or two and start feeding the fish, that will help. You can also feed the cleanup crew pellet food and sheets of nori.

Make sure you put in lots of extra shells so your hermits don't kill too many of your snails. You will probalby find you don't replace hermits in the long run, and just stick with snails.

Willow
03-29-2006, 04:57 PM
throw a few pellets down on the tank bottom for the crabs untill you grow some stuff for them to eat.

ryguy
03-30-2006, 04:02 PM
I am holding off on my order for a couple of days until I am sure I'll be home to get them. I was planning on the 30-45G package for my 46G tank. should I start with the package aimed for 20-30G instead then?

SeaHorse_Fanatic
03-30-2006, 04:53 PM
If its a new tank, you will only need a handful of snails & hermits to start with. And for sure, have extra shells in or the hermits will go find their own.

Anthony