PDA

View Full Version : Lower Mainland LFS Livestock Selection - FYI

dirtyreefer
03-28-2006, 08:52 PM
Just thought I would create this thread to inform people of what's interesting and available right now as I went to 3 LFS today. Sometimes it's nice to know this instead of making a trip out to some of these places and wasting your time.

I am more into rare or "different" types of corals and fish, so I won't be posting your regular run of the mill percula clownfish and hammer corals. I am hoping people will report rare fish as well as rare or interesting corals (SPS and LPS including Rics etc), so if you would like to participate in this thread then that would be great :D

King Ed's - Lots of softies and LPS (new shipment in last night). Nothing out of the ordinary for me since I collect SPS and different types of fish

Big Als - Big shocker for fish as they have a Golden Pygmy Angelfish, Multibar Pygmy Angelfish, 2 Swallowtail Angels, and a 4-5" Red Sea Regal Angel. They must have received a RS shipment in as they had a nice Sohal as well as some Golden BFs. Corals were a little hurtin though

JL's - Some new SPS, but nothing to call home about. I think they're expecting a LPS/Softie shipment since they have condensed their tanks so that there are 2 or 3 empty ones to make room for the new stuff (been like that for over a week now). Had some nice anthias (dispar), that Bellus Angel (sold) and some nice juvy Emperor Angels.

dirtyreefer
03-29-2006, 06:12 PM
Nobody else has anything to contribute?

SeaHorse_Fanatic
03-29-2006, 06:28 PM
I heard Coral Ocean had in a shipment of fish from Hawaii. Was also expecting an Indo shipment. However, haven't been there in the last week, so can't confirm what species are there.

Picked up a couple of nice pieces at King Ed's though so thanks for the heads up.

Anthony

Willow
03-29-2006, 07:56 PM
hey blaine, did you notice the price on the golden angels?

christyf5
03-29-2006, 08:03 PM
During my travels on the weekend, OA had a pretty fantastic selection of colorful bali colonies and frags. Hidden Reef also had alot of bali colonies in, their topdown viewing tank was stuffed full :biggrin:

dirtyreefer
03-29-2006, 08:27 PM
hey blaine, did you notice the price on the golden angels?

Unfortunately they didn't have the price up for the Golden or the Multibar angels. The Swallowtail was $69 I think...

dirtyreefer
03-29-2006, 08:28 PM
During my travels on the weekend, OA had a pretty fantastic selection of colorful bali colonies and frags. Hidden Reef also had alot of bali colonies in, their topdown viewing tank was stuffed full :biggrin:

Christy, did they have alot of colorful ones, or were they mostly brown (and green)? :)

dirtyreefer
03-29-2006, 08:29 PM
I heard Coral Ocean had in a shipment of fish from Hawaii. Was also expecting an Indo shipment. However, haven't been there in the last week, so can't confirm what species are there.

Was just there today and there's nothing new. Colin was supposed to get some fish in tonight and tomorrow but him being open tomorrow all depends on how his dog is doing.