PDA

View Full Version : What inverts/fish for frag tank

allincuddy
03-28-2006, 04:59 PM
Wonderng what you guys think would be good for cleaners in a frag tank. Oh yea, using egg crate for holding the plugs on two levels above the bottom. Should I leave BB or put down a bed. The system is tied in with my display tank and sump.
Thanks for your opinion in advance.
Mark:lol:

OCDP
03-28-2006, 05:10 PM
For a frag tank, I'd go BB for sure. But if it's tied in with the main system, I am not sure how much of a difference it will make. Either way, go BB for the frag tank... that's my opinion.

As far as cleaners.. I'd use some astrea and turbos, any kind of grazer will do I'd think.

As for fish... depends. What kind of frags are you growing out? Various? SPS? Etc... that will help determine the type of fish to keep. But, if this is a frag tank, I personally would keep it fishless. Just for nutrients sake.

I am no frag tank expert, I don't have one.. these are all just my opinions, and what I would do. Some other will chime in soon enough to help you out.

Good luck.

vanreefer
03-28-2006, 06:09 PM
I would put a six lined wrasse or similar parasite eating fish in there and depending on size I might put a tang or similar algea eating fish in there

allincuddy
03-28-2006, 06:55 PM
The tank size is 65 gallonto fish can be kept in there,
Thanks for the info.
Mark