PDA

View Full Version : Help

sea gnome
04-04-2002, 01:35 AM
I just set up my brand new 660 and placed two brand new vho bulbs in my caoapy and plugged it in. Bulbs started and stopped 3x. fuse blown. Took canopy to electrician to see where short was . All my wired correct and no short. Tried again. Fuse blown right away. He wonders if wired incorrectly from factory. Took it to local electrial spec. shop and they too wonder if it is wired incorrectly from factory. Any thoughts, I really want these lights up. End caps tight to bulb.
Rachel
rdelacretaz_jaunich@hotmail.com

ash08648
04-04-2002, 11:10 AM
From IceCap:
You probably had a bulb with a broken filament or not properly lined up with the endcap contacts. Are your endcaps mounted? In any event, rapidly turning the ballast on and off can cause a component in it to fail, or it could have arrived to you or your retailer after a rough trip by UPS. I'm sorry about the grief this has caused. next time, call us at 800-742-3227 ext. 25 and Dave in service will talk you through it. electricians don't understand our ballast because it's different in the way it shuts down for safety if it senses an open circuit.

For now, call Darlene at 800-742-3227 ext. 0 and ask for an advance replacement of your ballast with a new one, and be sure to call Dave if you have any trouble at all.
Andy