PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Small heater

Rei
03-27-2006, 11:53 PM
The kids want tropical fish now, so if anyone has a small heater that will fit a 2 gallon that would be great. Thanks.

G1GY
03-28-2006, 01:10 AM
Where do you live?

Moogled
03-28-2006, 03:06 AM
Hi Rei.

Practically speaking, I humbly think a 2 gallon might be a bit too small, although some users here on canreef have small tanks. Personally speaking, I think something along the lines of a 10 gallon would be better suited for the children to enjoy.

Given the small dimensions of a 2 gallon tank, a heater would take up alot of space for enjoyable viewing, but if you get a 10 gallon tank, not only would you have room for a heater (and a filter, which helps slow the decline of water quality), you can have more fish and a more wholesome piece of nature.

Many users sell smaller tank setups here on Canreef from time to time, so I think if you were to get a heater, one of these setups would go with it much better.

G1GY
03-28-2006, 03:43 AM
If your in Calgary, send me a PM and make arangements to stop by and I'll give you a heater for your kids. If they want a 20 gallon tank....... I'll give them one that's collecting dust here also. :)

Rei
03-28-2006, 05:10 AM
Thanks G1GY, but I'm in Vancouver.

Moogled, I totally agree with you but it's for my co-worker's children and she rather not have a larger tank. Personally, I think the upkeep would be much easier with a bigger tank but if that's what they want...

Moogled
03-28-2006, 05:48 AM
Oh, in that case:

Godspeed!