PDA

View Full Version : Question of the month

StirCrazy
03-27-2006, 04:33 AM
Ok, some one made a post that I have been thinking for a long time..

I know we have a lot of intelligent people on this board and that we all (even advanced reef keepers) should be able to visit Canreef and take home a little of something we didn't know before.. so what I am proposing is that I will ask a "question of the month" to stimulate conversation and learning for both novice and advanced reefers alike.

the only stipulations I have is that we keep it a discussion and that nobody be scared to post a question no matter how trivial it seams.. My bet is that several others are wondering the same thing.

I also don't want people to be scared to dispute something some one has said but I do not want simple "your wrong" type answers but rather something that backs up your beliefs.

I think this will do a couple things, 1 it will encourage discussion between members, 2 it will increase our reef keeping knowledge both by the discussion and by people reading stuff to find answers to questions, and 3 it will add resources to the board and increase the value of Canreef as an information source.

I will even propose to Titus and the Mods that we have an archive area that good threads can be moved when they run there course for reading by newcomers or even us to refresh our memories.

So please lets keep this a learning experience and not turn it into a flame war:mrgreen:

Steve

vanreefer
03-27-2006, 04:36 AM
I second that..

StirCrazy
03-27-2006, 04:39 AM
Maybe the Mods could make them a sticky until the next question is asked to keep them visible also.

Steve

Johnny Reefer
03-27-2006, 04:49 AM
Excellent idea, Steve.

...I will even propose to Titus and the Mods that we have an archive area that good threads can be moved when they run there course for reading by newcomers or even us to refresh our memories. .....
If I am not mistaken, I believe there is/was a forum under construction for "Articles", but the clock has been ticking on that for awhile now.

Any update on the progress of that?

Cheers:smile:,

Bartman
03-27-2006, 06:02 AM
How about a question of the week (cover more topics) and sticky the most recent months worth?

Ruth
03-27-2006, 11:05 AM
Great idea - I'll play

saltynuts
03-27-2006, 11:17 AM
i like that idea.

StirCrazy
03-27-2006, 12:21 PM
How about a question of the week (cover more topics) and sticky the most recent months worth?

I'll see how long they take to run there course, but my intention was to give people time to look into it if they so chose. A week might push things a little fast.

Steve

Bartman
03-27-2006, 11:38 PM
I'll see how long they take to run there course, but my intention was to give people time to look into it if they so chose. A week might push things a little fast.

Steve

Each question would still be up for a month except there would be 4 questions on the go at any given time (after the first month).

StirCrazy
03-28-2006, 12:56 AM
we can see how it is going.. already the Ca question has expanded to Alk, Mg ect.. which is good and was my intention as it makes people think how they are related.. so really you could say my first question was on reef chemistry which if you look at it that way could be a very large discussion.

Steve

Bartman
03-28-2006, 03:05 AM
we can see how it is going.. already the Ca question has expanded to Alk, Mg ect.. which is good and was my intention as it makes people think how they are related.. so really you could say my first question was on reef chemistry which if you look at it that way could be a very large discussion.

Steve

Question of the year, maybe? ;)