PDA

View Full Version : coralife calcium reactors

motox
03-27-2006, 01:35 AM
JUst want to know if anyone else is using one. What they think of it of if there are any known problems.

Brandoser
04-14-2006, 11:36 PM
bump, I was wondering too.

Funky_Fish14
05-15-2006, 04:00 AM
Same here.

Bryan
05-15-2006, 05:20 AM
I have one and am quite happy with it. For the price it can not beat. Anything in particular you want to know?

Railskinner
05-15-2006, 06:04 AM
:biggrin:
which model did u get , the one for a 250 gal or 500
this is the set up package that i was considering

http://www.jlaquatics.com/phpstore/store_pages/details/creactor.php?product_ID=CR-C0500P

i figure for 40 dollars more why not get the bigger system

:smile:
Rails

Bryan
05-15-2006, 07:22 AM
I have the smaller model and it is working fine on my 125 gallon reef. Yes, for the extra 40 I would go with the bigger model.

If during the reactors use you notice the drip rate slow and stops it is almost certainly a plugged up inlet hole in the drip rate indicater chamber . The nipple hole in the bottom of the chamber is small and easily plugs with detritus. Took me a while to figure it out as the nipple is covered by the tubing.

Some users have swapped the plastic pinch effluent valve from the inlet to the outlet tubing.

All in all for the price I think you will be happy with the product, the twist off top and PH probe assembly is a nice touch. The plastic components are a bit brittle so be careful about rough handling. The plastic effluent valve is a bit lame. So far no leaks and easy to maintain.