PDA

View Full Version : Green BTA

dirtyreefer
03-26-2006, 06:13 AM
I have a 3" BTA that my clowns aren't hosting. Since they are perculas, BTAs are not their natural host so that is why I'm selling.

$25

Beverly
03-26-2006, 02:27 PM
I have a GBTA that has a pair of captive bred ocellaris clowns hosting in it, which is not a natural pairing. Give the GBTA time to grow and give the clowns a chance to find it, and be patient.

JMO, though.

Good luck either keeping it or selling it :smile:

dirtyreefer
03-29-2006, 04:08 AM
Thanks Bev, I've had the anemone since last summer and the clowns for about 3 months now. They don't even know it exists :)

$20

SeaHorse_Fanatic
03-29-2006, 05:13 AM
Can you post or send me a pic? If it's actually bubbly on the tips, then I would be interested.

Anthony

Chin_Lee
03-29-2006, 05:13 AM
hey blaine it took my stupid clowns 2.5 years to notice my rbta. now they are trying to decide between the rbta and my purple elegance. the elegance is not too pleased with the nuisance and unfortunately is not looking too hot. but to get back to the point and not trying to discourage you to sell otherwise, sometimes it just takes a long long long time.

guysmiley
03-29-2006, 09:18 PM
I guess I was lucky. My percs found my green BTA in 12 seconds....
PM me and I'll tell you what I did.

Garrick.

dirtyreefer
03-31-2006, 10:26 PM
Can you post or send me a pic? If it's actually bubbly on the tips, then I would be interested.

Sorry Anthony, I didn't realize that there were posts on this thread since I hadn't subscribed to it. You would think that you would automatically be subscribed being the creator of the thread :rolleyes:

I'll see what I can do about pics.

mark
04-01-2006, 01:30 AM
I guess I was lucky. My percs found my green BTA in 12 seconds....
PM me and I'll tell you what I did.

Garrick.

come on share with us all

dirtyreefer
04-02-2006, 04:04 AM
Here are some pics, it's wedged in a rock so I could only get top down shots:

http://www.canreef.com/photopost/uploads/1043/DSCN0385.JPG

http://www.canreef.com/photopost/uploads/1043/DSCN0386.JPG

Beverly
04-02-2006, 02:33 PM
Glad you posted the pics. It gives us a better idea of some of the problems your GBTA might be facing....

- my experience with a GBTA and an RBTA are that they don't like very much water movement. Placed where it is, midst your SPS corals, it may be getting too much water flow, and may be staying in the safety of the rocks to stay out of the excess flow. Don't know if you have lower water flow areas of your tank, but if you can move the GBTA to such a place, I'm sure it would appreciate your efforts. The easiest way to move a BTA is to move the BTA and the rock it's attached to.

- how often is the GBTA getting fed and what do you feed it? Mine get fed every 2-3 days with thawed frozen mysis. The larger the BTA is, the more mysis it gets. Here's a video from Jan 26/06 of my RBTA being fed....

http://www.lostmymarblz.com/v-rbta-feeding-mysis-ja-26-06.wmv

HTH :smile:

SeaHorse_Fanatic
04-02-2006, 07:04 PM
Unfortunately, even if you move it, anemones can be real buggers & move into the most inconvenient of spots.

I had my LTA hide inside a cave for almost a month. It shrank from a 12" monster to 2" before I tore the rockwork apart. After regular feedings with my 3mm NLS pellets (with an occasional piece of scallop or prawn), it's even more beautiful and expands to over 8" now (less than a month later).

I would recommend following Bev's suggestion and try moving the rock & attached BTA into a lower flow area & see if that helps.

Anthony