PDA

View Full Version : First Fish

lionlover
03-24-2006, 11:15 PM
Just wondering what fish would be the best first fish for my 33 gallon FOWLR.Thanks for any opinions.

BMW Rider
03-25-2006, 03:46 AM
Just wondering what fish would be the best first fish for my 33 gallon FOWLR.Thanks for any opinions.

Its best to figure out all the fish you want to stock, then get them in order of least to most aggressive. That lets the less aggressive fish pick their turf first before the bullies come along and claim the whole tank.

Sushiman
03-26-2006, 05:08 AM
Wow, well that really depends on what you had in mind. Just remember that the only thing a 33gallon is good for is either a nano or a nice sump!

Scavenger
05-18-2006, 09:44 PM

Judging by your handle one of the dwarf lion species might be to your liking, even though min tank is suggested at 30, I'd up that a bit in a year or 2 if you buy a small one. Great reading at
http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2002-11/fm/feature/index.php
But for a 33, this would probably be your only fish. But hell they are cute, I have 2 fuzzy dwarfs and they are very owner responsive and full of personality.

This suggestion is based soley on your sign in name, perhaps you weren't refering to lionfish?????