PDA

View Full Version : Another fish to go with a Saddled Toby Puffer?

Deathstar
03-24-2006, 03:26 PM
Hi Guys,

I have a Saddled Toby Puffer what other fish can I get to go with it? I was going to get a Dwarf/Zebra Lionfish but I hear that they will only eat live food. What would be another fish that will go good with my Saddled Toby Puffer? I will be switching to a 50G soon.

Thanks,

Eric

SJSobczyk
03-24-2006, 03:43 PM
The dwarf lionfish do not only eat live food. I used to feed mine silversides on a feeding stick. I would try and mimic the actions of a sick or injured fish and he would come pretty quick. It may take some time but once they get hungry enough, they will jump at it. Also you could try some uncooked pieces of shrimp or squid.

I see you found your puffer?

Steve

Deathstar
03-24-2006, 03:49 PM
I see you found your puffer?

Steve

Yes I did they had a two at Oceans I picked up one and he is doing great.

But what other fish could I get, that will go with the puffer?

Eric

Deathstar
03-26-2006, 05:18 AM
I picked up a 1" baby panther grouper (I will sell it when it gets to big) and a Fiji Blue Devil Damselfish this weekend. I am going to hold off on the lion.

I want to add

Marine Beta
Arc-Eye Halkfish
Arrow Crab

If those fish do not mix not I might consider, Or if you have any ideas please let me know.

Yellow Tang
Leopard Wrasse
Flame Cardinal
Long Nosed Halkfish

Thanks for you input,

Eric

midgetwaiter
03-26-2006, 08:04 PM
Well like it or not your tank is full, that grouper was a really bad idea. They don't have to get big to cause problems, they can be territorial and aggressive at smaller sizes. Your other fish may take a pretty good beating from this guy. They also grow very fast, that fish will be 4 or 5 inches long in under 6 months if cared for properly.

I picked up a 1" baby panther grouper (I will sell it when it gets to big)

Where are you going to sell that monster? The LFS doesn't want it back and I'll bet that there less than 20 people in Calgary who have systems that could support it. What you've done is very irresponsible, you will have a difficult time finding a good home for this fish. You need an 8 foot by 3 foot tank for this thing.

I realize that you may be new to this hobby and might not understand the mistake you just made. Please take this as a constructive suggestion rather than a flame. Maybe you got some bad advice from somewhere, I'd suggest that you do more research in the future before you buy livestock.

Deathstar
03-26-2006, 08:29 PM
Do you have a grouper?

Well like it or not your tank is full, that grouper was a really bad idea. They don't have to get big to cause problems, they can be territorial and aggressive at smaller sizes. Your other fish may take a pretty good beating from this guy. They also grow very fast, that fish will be 4 or 5 inches long in under 6 months if cared for properly.

Where are you going to sell that monster? The LFS doesn't want it back and I'll bet that there less than 20 people in Calgary who have systems that could support it. What you've done is very irresponsible, you will have a difficult time finding a good home for this fish. You need an 8 foot by 3 foot tank for this thing.

I realize that you may be new to this hobby and might not understand the mistake you just made. Please take this as a constructive suggestion rather than a flame. Maybe you got some bad advice from somewhere, I'd suggest that you do more research in the future before you buy livestock.

midgetwaiter
03-26-2006, 09:01 PM
Do you have a grouper?

No I don't keep groupers but I do have a fair bit of experience with them in friend's and customer's tanks.