PDA

View Full Version : Bulb types

fortheloveofcrabs
03-22-2006, 06:13 PM
Hello!

I've been doing some reading about different MH bulb types and it seems everybody just LOVES Radium. I've been running XM's on my nano for years and have been quite happy, but "everybody just LOVES Radium". Has anybody here used them and other brands of bulbs? Is there really that much of a difference? Are they really worth it - not that it is THAT much more money- but why spend it if you don't have too, right?

-Pauli

BMW Rider
03-22-2006, 07:17 PM
Hello!

I've been doing some reading about different MH bulb types and it seems everybody just LOVES Radium. I've been running XM's on my nano for years and have been quite happy, but "everybody just LOVES Radium". Has anybody here used them and other brands of bulbs? Is there really that much of a difference? Are they really worth it - not that it is THAT much more money- but why spend it if you don't have too, right?

-Pauli

I just replaced my XM 10ks with a new pair of XM 15Ks. They look great so far, but have not burnt in fully yet. The colour is much bluer than the 10ks, but not so much as I'd expect a 20K bulb to be. I'm using actinics as well.

Bartman
03-23-2006, 12:15 AM
I just replaced my XM 10ks with a new pair of XM 15Ks. They look great so far, but have not burnt in fully yet. The colour is much bluer than the 10ks, but not so much as I'd expect a 20K bulb to be. I'm using actinics as well.

Why did you switch from the 10Ks to the 15Ks?