PDA

View Full Version : Help! Clowns eye cloudy

adidas
03-21-2006, 06:35 PM
:(
well one of my saddlebacks eyes are all cloudy, anyone know what to do or what he has?

thx

steve-s
03-21-2006, 07:22 PM
Cloudy eye localized to just one of the two is usually from some sort of injury/abbrasion or aggressiveness from tank mates. Best results will come from a few large water changes with well aged/aerated SW. Fortified feedings with a good liquid vitamin/HUFA content will also be a plus.

More often than not, the above will be all you need. Medications/QT is usually not needed unless the problems worsens or both eyes become affected.

Cheers
Steve

adidas
03-21-2006, 07:23 PM
thanks. u know where and what vitamins to get?

steve-s
03-21-2006, 07:28 PM
Selcon or Zoecon are great for HUFA, I prefer the Selcon myslef. For general vitamin additives, you can use Zoe, Vita chem or the like. Most LFS will have one or the other.

What foods do you normally feed?

Best results will come from soaking the foods overnight. Be sure to presoak/drain the foods first to get rid of phosphates and such and then add the vitamin/HUFA as directed.

Cheers
Steve

adidas
03-21-2006, 07:47 PM
i feed a mix of cyclopeeze flake, mysis and garlic

steve-s
03-21-2006, 08:29 PM
Should be okay, might try to sneek in some mashed (shelled/softened) peas when you feed the mysis. It will keep the fish's "pipes" clean so to speak and offer something besides a meat only routine. They will probabley ignore it if fed peas alone so best to disguise it with their favorites. Regular weekly use of the vitamin/HUFA will also help with that.

Cheers
Steve