PDA

View Full Version : Fully Functioning Practical Joke - with pic!

Beverly
03-20-2006, 09:55 PM
First of all, I gotta say I love my husband, Chris, very much. He's a computer geek's geek, however, and sometimes has a little more time on his hands than he knows what do to with :wink:

Chris came home from work one day last month and disspeared into his room. Shortly afterward, I heard the unmistakeable sounds of Lego moving about. When he finally emerged, I asked him what he was going to do with the Lego. He replied that the guy across the hall was on holidays for two weeks and he wanted to surprise his co-worker with a new keyboard. Made of Lego. Okay, dear, I said and served up supper.

Every few days after that, Chris would come home and I'd hear more Lego noises. Yes, he was looking for the right parts to put on the old keyboard he was using for his project.

Two weeks went by and I figured the guy must be back, so I asked Chris how the guy liked his new keyboard. Not finished yet, Chris said. Well, how can it be a surprise now if he's already back from vacation, I asked. Don't worry, Chris replied, I'll think of something. He went on to say that he only had a few keys left to replace.

Chris also said that everyone in the office, excluding the guy across the hall, had been coming by to observe his progress on the keyboard, including his boss. At first his boss thought Chris had too much time on his hands. No kidding, eh :razz: Chris explained to him that he was working on the keyboard only when he wasn't busy with real work, and that some days he didn't work on the keyboard at all. His boss then began to think the keyboard was cool and that the guy across the hall would really like it.

So, the day came, last Friday, when the keyboard was complete. Chris tested it on his own computer to make sure they keys all worked, which they did. Chris called his boss to ask him to get the guy across the hall out of his office for a few minutes so Chris could remove his usual keyboard and put in the Lego one. Shortly afterward, his boss showed up at Chris's door and said the guy was gone. In short order, Chris was in and out of the guy's office and the Lego keyboard was in place.

Chris said he watched through his door into the guy's office when he came back. The guy was typing on his new keyboard. And did not say anything to anybody. People in the office began to stop by the guy's office to see the keyboard in action and to see what the guy's reaction to it was. He liked it. And he strongly suspected the guy across the hall from him had made it for him :lol:

Anyway, the guy across the hall told Chris he liked it so much he was going to take it home, flatten down the Lego bumps and put the key names on each key so his kids could use it. Before he could do that, Chris asked the guy to leave it in the office so he could take a pic of the keyboard before they guy took it home.

And this is what the keyboard looks like....

http://www.lostmymarblz.com/lego-keyboard.jpg

Now, if only I can get Chris to put away the six pails of salt we brought home several weeks ago :razz:

OCDP
03-20-2006, 10:08 PM
:rofl:

That's a good one... lol. Hahaha, your husband may be onto something.... ?? Ya never know.

Thanks for that... that was great haha

Give your husband two thumbs up for that keyboard.

Beverly
03-21-2006, 02:21 PM
Scott,

Thumbs up given :biggrin:

Murminator
03-21-2006, 04:13 PM
You could buy a key board like that at Compusmart except the keys were rubber

cgregors
03-21-2006, 07:47 PM
You could buy a key board like that at Compusmart except the keys were rubber
But that would have defeated the point eh.