PDA

View Full Version : CAS Spring auction - saltwater needed!

dunl
03-20-2006, 03:25 PM
Now, before anyone jumps on me for this, I KNOW there's never any saltwater stuff at the auctions, or very little. HOWEVER, that makes it a GREAT place to unload any saltwater stock, equipment, or supplies you might have. Personally, I would think there would be a huge market for this at the Calgary auction, if only there were more saltwater lots. I know the CAS is mainly a freshwater organisation, but they would be very happy to have saltwater lots for the auction, and you don't need to be a member to sell lots. (no pun intended :D)

dunl
03-21-2006, 02:43 AM
Any takers?

BMW Rider
03-21-2006, 01:49 PM
I don't have anything to sell right now, but iwas thinking of going if i can fit it in. I am looking for a specific size tankto use as a sump.

dunl
03-24-2006, 03:15 AM
Bumpity, bumpity boo.....an elephant sat on you......

allincuddy
03-24-2006, 04:11 AM
Andy, if reef stuff was brought, who would be able to put it in afreshwater tank, do you think there will be reefer' there? If you are a reefer and are going is there somewhere you canpost to say that, otherwise corals don't last long in freshwater.
It would be good but wouldn't want a coral frag going for the same price as a5 lb Jack Dempsey.
If Iknew other reefer's were goingit would help turn out.
Just my 2 cents.
Mark W/C yellows

dunl
03-24-2006, 04:26 AM
I think that you have to realize that although a lot of "freshwater" people will be there, they won't be stupid enough to toss saltwater stuff in their freshwater tanks. Lots of freshwater people have saltwater tanks, too.

Delphinus
03-24-2006, 05:10 AM
I'd love to come. I'm not sure if I can make it yet though. But I'll try..

After all, I've got a FW tank around here somewhere .... I'm sure of it. ;) I totally need a new stand for it anyhow, it's a tubular stand and with a bunch of electrical stuff and canisters underneath.. And add one incredibly mobile 9 month old with an innate danger-o-meter built in ("Oooooh! Wires and stuff!") .. Yeah I totally need a cabinet style stand now..

fishmanty
03-24-2006, 06:15 AM
Mark, bring corals... I'll just end up buying them all! :P

TheGr8Blade
03-24-2006, 01:29 PM
I believe that CAS would appreciate any SW equipment or livestock as there are alot of members who do both FW and SW. I personally am hoping that there will be some frags and whatnot at the auction.:biggrin:

dunl
03-24-2006, 03:03 PM
Honestly, it's something that is sorely lacking at the auctions. I wouldn't be surprised if saltwater stuff brought on a bidding war. :)

dunl
03-24-2006, 03:26 PM
Should mention...if you are planning to sell anything, please contact Christian Bilou at toirtis@shaw.ca to get yor lot numbers.

KingTitan
03-24-2006, 04:55 PM
i have ALOT of the pom pom type pulsing xenia, about 30 frags, if that helps

G1GY
03-24-2006, 11:55 PM
Honestly, it's something that is sorely lacking at the auctions. I wouldn't be surprised if saltwater stuff brought on a bidding war. :)

I might stop by and join in any salt water bidding wars.

Buccaneer
03-25-2006, 12:28 AM
Does he have any of that bulk mysis available ... need some real bad :wink:

allincuddy
03-25-2006, 02:36 AM
Well it sounds like there will be some reef turn out, I will bring some frags and alot of fresh, see you all there.
Mark

dunl
03-25-2006, 02:51 PM
Last I heard, there would be at least 5 sw vendors coming...and for a small charge, you can bump stuff, too. It's not like you have to sit there all day either. :)

Buccaneer
03-25-2006, 08:31 PM
Mysis ... Mysis ... Mysis ... < echoes through the halls of Canreef > ... you guys got any ? ... one of yout CAS guys hooked me up with a bulk order once ... got any more ?

allincuddy
03-26-2006, 02:52 AM
I think that was Christian the cas pres. his e-mail is on the poster.
Venders??? going????who Albert???
Mark

G1GY
03-26-2006, 03:11 AM
I think that was Christian the cas pres. his e-mail is on the poster.
Venders??? going????who Albert???
Mark

Looks like we will have upwards of 75-125 SW lots, including equipment, fish and frags.

This would be a huge change from the last time I went and seen one skimmer for sale.

allincuddy
03-26-2006, 05:23 AM
I bought that skimmer.
Taking 60 fresh lots and 10 salt lots.See you there.
Mark