PDA

View Full Version : RO water ....

SerLunchbox
03-19-2006, 12:24 AM
So i have an RO filter here at my apartment already. I was just wondering if RO filteration will be enough to have corals survive and thrive (any range given the lights that i have ... 2*250W 14500K bulbs). From what i have researched it should be ok ... but i just figured that i would ask in here. Area is SW Calgary

Thanks

fishmanty
03-19-2006, 12:40 AM
There are many people out there (Im one of them), that have corals doing great with no RO water at all. Just conditioned tap water

I've talked to a few people who have barely noticed a difference with corals when using tap water and RO water.

SerLunchbox
03-19-2006, 04:41 AM
alrighty then
That is definately something to consider now

Xtasia
03-19-2006, 05:05 AM
Depends on your water. find out your TDS..

I did RO only for a year and it was ok but it was only a year.

Lots of people only use tap water but who knows about their success and wether or not tapwater was to blame for their issues (hair algae).

I would say that it is better to start with as pure water as possible RO DI... to allow you to have better control over your parameters. It's really not that expensive, not when you think about the money and effort you would spend on fixing the problems the water may present.

Think about it :)

DanG
03-19-2006, 05:53 AM
If the water coming out of your tap is already RO, you can get one of those american pharm de-ionizers that hooks up to your tap.