PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy a new HQI bulb in Calgary

sergeantpilot
03-18-2006, 04:33 AM
Is there a cheap place in Calgary to get a replacement Hamilton 250Watt DE HQI bulb other than ordering on line from J&L?....I think my bulb is fried....I was working on the sump when I heard this zap sound, everthing on that circuit stopped momentarily and the lights went out for the pendant and refugium....within a second everything came back on line except the pendant. Could this be just a burnt out bulb do you think or a toasted ballast?...I bought the Hamilton 250W reefstar used a month ago. The bulb probably needed to be replaced anyways. Would the ballast still buzz and hum even if the bulb is burnt out? I'm still kinda new at the SW thing. Any ideas would be helpful, thanks

Jim

Skimmerking
03-18-2006, 04:36 AM
Jim if the ballast is still humming its ok. Somthing proabably blew the breaker that is what i think....

allincuddy
03-18-2006, 04:39 AM
Jim, the light will have to cool before it comes back on. Sorry I didn't say that in my PM
Thanks,

Skimmerking
03-18-2006, 04:40 AM
OMG Ya really I for got to add that to my pm when i was talking to him

man i feel like a geek .

sergeantpilot
03-18-2006, 04:43 AM
Thanks guys, the light has cooled for an hour now and no buzzing from the ballast when I flick the switch and no light from the bulb....arhhhhh

jim

Skimmerking
03-18-2006, 04:45 AM
Jim what corals do you have in your tank as of now anyways. If you have any u might want to post may be some one can help ya out , but since its the night time the corals can atleast sleep until tomorrow.. Good luck man

Keep me informed of your lights

Skimmerking
03-18-2006, 04:48 AM
Jim maybe put in your signuture what size tank and what corals you have with fish equiptment to so people can have a idea of what you have...

sergeantpilot
03-18-2006, 04:51 AM
Problem solved....the light is back on...took the bulb out and cleaned the ends and reinserted back into the fixture, the ballast is happily humming now. Thanks guys for your help....much appreciate it.

Jim

allincuddy
03-18-2006, 04:52 AM
Good to hear Jim.

Skimmerking
03-18-2006, 04:57 AM
We did nt do anything its wa your Smart keen witts that got you there Jim boy.. see good thing happen to people who carry guns...

lol

RonPeter
03-18-2006, 02:28 PM
If you needed a bulb Reef Perfection, www.reefperfection.com, has 14K Hamiltons on sale for $65.00 which is a great price! I picked one up for a spare.