PDA

View Full Version : Crappy Plumbing = Water all over floor...

Coldwater
03-17-2006, 07:44 AM
About a hour and a half ago about the worst thing I can think of just happened. I was watching my new inverts when part of the pipe blasted off from the return elbow. So I had water from the display tank and from my return pump soaking everything around. In grand total I think there was 5-10 gallons of water on my floor. It took an hour to clean up and I am rethinking my plumbing. Lucky thing was that I was there to stop it because we just got back home after being away for two days. More details to come tomorrow as I am really tired and have already had to retype this because I closed the browser. Moral of the story - Duct tape, electrians tape and caulking dont hold things that are under pressure well. As for the inverts "Welcome to Matt's aquarium!"

Matt

TheReefGeek
03-17-2006, 04:02 PM
PVC glue is preferred over duct tape :mrgreen:

Good thing you were home, lucky!

Jason McK
03-17-2006, 04:18 PM
I think the worst thing is watching the back seem of your tank (glass) split so bad sand is shooting several feet onto the floor.
At least you still have a usable tank. LOL

Hey that sucks man, I switched to hard plumbed PVC just to avoid such a mess.

J

TheReefGeek
03-17-2006, 04:21 PM
I only use rigid PVC and never rely on clamps or anything.

Skimmerking
03-17-2006, 04:25 PM
Sorry to hear about the waer loss. ,but on the other hand you need to stop watching the RED GREEN show..:rofl: