PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have snails growing in their tank?

Fish
03-16-2006, 11:08 PM
Hello all,

When I had my 90gal, I used to have snails that would lay eggs on the glass. I don't know what kind of snail they were but does anyone have these? I would love to find another source to buy mantis food from rather than having to depend on LFS shipments all the time. I only feed Ike live food once or twice a month. Thanks!

- Chad

vertex
03-17-2006, 05:47 AM
Both my cerith and my stomatela snails reproduce in my reef tank to hlep keep the snail population up. Don't know how quickly though if they were separate from the main tank as I'm sure some ohter critters do a number on their eggs to keep them in control.

About a year ago, I had a few snails introduced into my tank from the caribean shorline and those snails reproduced by the hundreds. No idea what kind they were as I ended up having to manually remove them as they were coraline eaters, but if yo have a separate tank, I'm sure there are snails similar you could find.

Sorry can't be more specific.
Mike

Fish
03-17-2006, 02:58 PM
Thanks for your help Mike. It sounds like there is another member here that might be able to sell me some.

- Chad

Fish
03-27-2006, 11:13 PM
Still looking....