PDA

View Full Version : ~ * ~ Aquasafe RO/UNIT GROUP BUY ~ * ~

Xtasia
03-15-2006, 05:35 PM
AQUASAFE ORDERS:

Griffin - MAXIMUS Unit + 100gpd membrane.
Chad - MAXIMUS Unit
Static - MAXIMUS Unit + TDS.
Scuba - MAXIMUS Unit
Lennox - MAXIMUS Unit+ 1 box replacement filters.
Swags - MAXIMUS Unit + 1 box replacement filters, one box of DI resins, one TDS meter, one RO membrane, a 100 gpd external mounted flow restrictor with EZ ball valve, one automatic shut off valve with quick connectors.
Denis - MAXIMUS Unit + 1 box replacement filters, one box of DI resins, one TDS meter, one membrane
Xtasia - MAXIMUS Unit + 1 box replacement filters + FAUCET HOSE ADAPTOR.
GobiGurl - MAXIMUS Unit
Restless - MAXIMUS Unit
Props - 100gpd membrane, 2 DI resins, 1 box replacement filters
Willow - 1 box replacement filters.
Vanreefer - 100GPD membrane and a TDS meter
Chin Lee - 1 box replacement filters, one 100gpd RO membrane, a 100 gpd external mounted flow restrictor with EZ ball valve, one automatic shut off valve with quick connectors
fkshiu - 1 box replacement filters.
Ridder - 1 box replacement filters.
Soggybottomboy - MAXIMUS Unit
Callum & Jason - 1 box Replacement filters.

Questions and comments here... the adaptors are also a very reasonable price. If you don't already have one, I would recommend picking one up as they are $10 more in the local stores.

Denis
03-17-2006, 09:44 PM
Hi Ivy,
If nobody else comes forward this weekend put me down for one more unit.
As long as this is the Maximus (with the pressure tank).
I'll keep it unopened in a box for a few months and if nobody comes forward to buy it I'll stick it in the kitchen.

Thanks

GobiGurl
03-18-2006, 08:56 PM
Ok, count me in. I'll be broke for the next 2 weeks but what else is new.

Anyone want to buy two teenage girls? 16 and 18. Partially housebroken, must be prompted multiple times to pick up behind themselves, guaranteed however to make life anything but boring daily. Oh ya, they require transportation to and from work and social functions.

Xtasia
03-19-2006, 04:03 AM
UPDATE:

I managed to get into contact with Aquasafe.

I am working on getting an exact quote on prices for each person's orders.
For RODI units only, it's looking to be approximately $120USD which will include GST and shipping. People buying membranes and filters will be charged cost minus 10% plus GST and a portion of shipping.

I will be accepting payment through paypal (This is the easiest way to collect payment. It's free and doesn't require me having to wait at home for people to show up, and I don't get stuck paying the conversion fees). Please make arrangements to sign up for a paypal account at paypal.com if you are planning on getting in on this group buy.

They are out of RO DI Maximus units until the end of the month. Once the units come in, they will arrange for the units to be delivered within a few days to my residence in BBY where I will have them available for pick up.

Please let me know if these details causes any of the interested people problems. Also if you are interested in getting accessories at the stated price please PM me so I can add your items to the quote request.

Cheers, X

props
03-19-2006, 06:34 AM
anyway you can put me in the list for just the ff:???
100gpd membrane
2 di units
1 box replacement filters
let me know pls

thanks

Veng68
03-19-2006, 11:32 AM
I am sorry....... but I am out of this group buy. (I hope this does not screw the order up).

I was just given some DI resins & recharging chemicals for free. So I can't justify buying an RO/DI system at this time.

Once again....... I am truly sorry.

Cheers,
Vic [veng68]

Static
03-19-2006, 01:07 PM
Do you know if the unit comes with an included tds meter? If it doesn't I'd like you to add one to my order.

Thank you, Myles

Xtasia
03-19-2006, 04:58 PM
does not come with the meter. I'll add it to your order.

vanreefer
03-19-2006, 07:03 PM
you got me in this order somewhere?

I'm in for 100GPD membrane and a TDS meter...

By the way last time I ordered from them I asked to get a quote in CAD as I find the paypal exchange rate is usually brutal... if the order is around $1500 it may make a difference.... just a thought.

Dan

vanreefer
03-19-2006, 07:05 PM
Ok, count me in. I'll be broke for the next 2 weeks but what else is new.

Anyone want to buy two teenage girls? 16 and 18. Partially housebroken, must be prompted multiple times to pick up behind themselves, guaranteed however to make life anything but boring daily. Oh ya, they require transportation to and from work and social functions.

Pics??
:lol:
JK
Dan

Denis
03-19-2006, 07:12 PM
you got me in this order somewhere?

I'm in for 100GPD membrane and a TDS meter...

By the way last time I ordered from them I asked to get a quote in CAD as I find the paypal exchange rate is usually brutal... if the order is around $1500 it may make a difference.... just a thought.

Dan

Great idea, please get a CDN quote, we can email the money to you.
I'm not too crazy about Paypal either.
Thanks

Griffin
03-20-2006, 05:25 PM
if i can be added for 1 100gpd membrane that would be great - let me know if its possible :)

Rich

Xtasia
03-22-2006, 08:43 AM
Information is updated.

I prefer the money is paypaled to me so that all I have to do is transfer the money from my paypal account to theirs. If I accept email transfers it could cost me money to transfer. If it does end up costing me something to do it from email to paypal I will collect the money from you at pick up.

Sorry but I'm not making money off this.. I can't go into the negative. Hope you understand.

Chin_Lee
03-22-2006, 07:45 PM
Information is updated.

I prefer the money is paypaled to me so that all I have to do is transfer the money from my paypal account to theirs. If I accept email transfers it could cost me money to transfer. If it does end up costing me something to do it from email to paypal I will collect the money from you at pick up.

Sorry but I'm not making money off this.. I can't go into the negative. Hope you understand.

Ivy
you might want to check your paypal account to see what % they take off each transaction. The fee for each Receive Fund transaction is 2.9% + $0.55 CAD (ie I was charged $2.15 for a $55.25 transaction) which will add up with the number of people sending you various amounts of money.
It might be wise to ask people to send you an extra 4% of the amount they send you.

Chin_Lee
03-22-2006, 08:01 PM
Ivy
Can you put me down for
a) 1 case of pre/post replacement filter,
b) one 100gpd RO membrane,
c) a 100 gpd external mounted flow restrictor with EZ ball valve
d) one automatic shut off valve with quick connectors

Thanks
chin

Xtasia
03-22-2006, 08:05 PM
Thanks chin,

I've added your order. WIll look up my receive rate on paypal.

Chad
03-22-2006, 09:01 PM
Ivy
you might want to check your paypal account to see what % they take off each transaction. The fee for each Receive Fund transaction is 2.9% + $0.55 CAD (ie I was charged $2.15 for a $55.25 transaction) which will add up with the number of people sending you various amounts of money.
It might be wise to ask people to send you an extra 4% of the amount they send you.

Isn't this fee applied only if you are recieving credit card payments? If it is cash (bank account transfer) it should be free of charge. If I remember correctly.

I tried to show the table here from paypal. but it wouldn't work properly. anyways.. recieving funds is free for personal accounts... you need a business to recieve credit card payments.. then you have to pay a fee.. otherwise its all free.

Chin_Lee
03-22-2006, 09:47 PM
Isn't this fee applied only if you are recieving credit card payments? If it is cash (bank account transfer) it should be free of charge. If I remember correctly.

I tried to show the table here from paypal. but it wouldn't work properly. anyways.. recieving funds is free for personal accounts... you need a business to recieve credit card payments.. then you have to pay a fee.. otherwise its all free.
You are right Chad - the fees only apply if you have received funds via a bank transfer. But if somebody sends you money with funds from their credit card, Ivy will have to upgrade her account in order to get the fund or else she can never claim/receive it.

Chad
03-22-2006, 10:22 PM
You are right Chad - the fees only apply if you have received funds via a bank transfer. But if somebody sends you money with funds from their credit card, Ivy will have to upgrade her account in order to get the fund or else she can never claim/receive it.

Yes, she can refuse the payment tho. either way. People just need to use their bank account transfer through paypal. This avoids fee's for Ivy and less headaches for her as well.

Xtasia
03-23-2006, 05:45 AM
Hey guys!!

I am going to set the cut off for orders for THURSDAY MARCH 23 @ 1:00PM.
Hope to get quote by the end of the day FRIDAY MARCH 24.
I will send each person a canreef msg with their order and amount payable in canadian funds. Please check your canreef PMs this weekend! Reply to this pm to confirm that order is correct and make payment by FRIDAY, MARCH 31.
Updates to the status of the order will be made to the first post of this thread.

PAYMENT: Aquasafe wants their payment via Paypal in Canadian funds.

For my own sanity, money will only be collected through paypal.

People wishing to take part in this group buy can make payment with a credit card, or existing paypal balance. I have a premier paypal account, so I am able to accept all forms of paypal payment. Every order will have a 4% Paypal Receiving charge which I will include on your total. (This is to cover the 2.9% + $.55, plus 2.9% on that amount to cover the cost of receiving your payment.) This equals approximately $5 per RO unit, so I don't think that its much.

It takes no more than 10 mins to sign up for a paypal account. SIGN UP TO PAYPAL HERE. (https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_registration-run) If you are sending money from a canadian credit card, with canadian funds set as the primary fund type, you will not have to pay for the currency exchange. The 4% receiving charge still applies however.

Due to the complications it would cause myself, the services charges I may incur at my bank, and because it takes 6-8 business days to transfer money from a bank account to paypal, I will not be accepting email money transfers. This would end up holding up the order for an extra 2 weeks. Sorry.

Things are complicated right now, as is expected with all group orders. Please be patient. I assure you, I am doing everything I can to ensure this goes smoothly, efficiently and painlessly.

If you have any issues with this that you'd like me to address, please PM me. I can explain the reasoning behind this. I will be actively checking my PMs all week.

- X

Xtasia
03-23-2006, 05:51 AM

No, as a standard premier account I have to pay 2.9% + $0.55 CAD on all payments.

Receiving money is free for personal accounts but then I would not be able to accept credit or debit card payments. This would mean that people could only pay from their bank accounts which would mean a 8 business day delay. Can't be waiting that long. :)

Chad
03-23-2006, 04:36 PM
No, as a standard premier account I have to pay 2.9% + $0.55 CAD on all payments.

Receiving money is free for personal accounts but then I would not be able to accept credit or debit card payments. This would mean that people could only pay from their bank accounts which would mean a 8 business day delay. Can't be waiting that long. :)

Hmm, I donno, all my paypal transactions are directly debited from my bank account and it is instant.

But since you have the premier account (which of course I had no idea) of course fee's are mandatory. Unfortunately.

Swags
03-23-2006, 07:49 PM
You have a pm Xtasia.
Cheers,

Xtasia
03-23-2006, 08:00 PM
Hmm, I donno, all my paypal transactions are directly debited from my bank account and it is instant.

But since you have the premier account (which of course I had no idea) of course fee's are mandatory. Unfortunately.

yeah Because you are verified, it probably does that for you,

Works out for you that its not neccessary for me to have a premiere account however to ensure that all other members of the group buy can easily participate we're all going to have to eat a bit extra.

no worries tho, it's still a great deal imho.

Scuba Steve
03-26-2006, 05:41 PM
what is the email address of your paypal account?

Xtasia
03-28-2006, 06:36 AM
I haven't gotten the final quote from AS yet. Will move payment date back one week from the day I send out the invoices.

my paypal address is ivykfong at gmail.com. Don't send money yet. Feel free to transfer money to your PP accounts.

Denis
03-30-2006, 10:26 PM
Hi Ivy,

Thanks for the great work on this order.
I just noticed that in the PM you're quoting us 2 bags of DI resin @ $54.
I hope they are 32oz. bags, because Aquasafe catalog has the box of resins as 4 x 16oz. bags.
Can you please verify.
Thanks

Xtasia
03-30-2006, 11:40 PM
Hi Denis,

My bad... the invoice says..

4 Bags of Resin 2 orders.

I misplaced the two. You are getting 4 bags as stated on the website.

- Ivy

Denis
03-31-2006, 02:01 AM
Fantastic, thanks.:biggrin:

Hi Denis,

My bad... the invoice says..

4 Bags of Resin 2 orders.

I misplaced the two. You are getting 4 bags as stated on the website.

- Ivy

Xtasia
04-04-2006, 01:45 AM
Just an update. Was away all weekend so was unable to process payments!

Half the people are paid up. Waiting on a few more.

Deadline: Sunday April 9.

vanreefer
04-04-2006, 02:12 AM
$ sent via Paypal

Jason McK
04-09-2006, 01:53 PM
OK last minute I'm in for an RO unitl as well.

PayPal sent

J

props
04-10-2006, 02:28 AM
hey ivy
we've sent the payment through paypal
let us know when you get it

thanks

Chad
04-10-2006, 01:58 PM
I'd love to get a comfirmation you have my payment as well

Willow
04-10-2006, 04:33 PM
ivy can't check canreef at work but she told me last night that everyone was paid up and she was double checking with aquasafe and doing the order today.

Chad
04-10-2006, 04:43 PM
ivy can't check canreef at work but she told me last night that everyone was paid up and she was double checking with aquasafe and doing the order today.

Thats good to hear.

props
04-10-2006, 09:51 PM
wohooo wicked
sorry for holding the order up =o)

Railskinner
04-10-2006, 11:50 PM
whats the cost ?

Scuba Steve
04-10-2006, 11:59 PM
deals already done the deadline was sunday

Xtasia
04-11-2006, 01:44 AM
If your name is on this list. I got your money.

Griffin
Chad
Static
Scuba
Lennox
PeterW
Denis
Xtasia
Restless
Props
Willow
Vanreefer
Chin Lee
Fkshiu
Ridder
Soggybottomboy
Callum & Jason
Jason McK

Paid for the order today. I'll post and PM when the order is ready for pick up. Can be picked up in Richmond (all hours) or in Burnaby (after work only).

WOOT!

Jason McK
04-11-2006, 02:11 AM
I'll pick-up all hours in Richmond LOL

J

Willow
04-11-2006, 03:04 AM
I'll pick-up all hours in Richmond LOL

J

lol.. if your picking up late in richmond you had better bring drinks. :mrgreen:

Chin_Lee
04-11-2006, 05:46 AM
Since i live in Surrey and I work in Richmond, anybody who wants me to pick up their order from Richmond and get it from my place, PM me with your request (ie Callum, Jesse, maybe Rich, Chad and Denis)

props
04-11-2006, 05:49 AM
pick up mine plss
thanks =o)

Xtasia
04-11-2006, 06:19 AM
Since i live in Surrey and I work in Richmond, anybody who wants me to pick up their order from Richmond and get it from my place, PM me with your request (ie Callum, Jesse, maybe Rich, Chad and Denis)

let me know too.. I'm not releasing your stuff to Chin without your consent. He's shady ;)

Chin_Lee
04-11-2006, 03:25 PM
let me know too.. I'm not releasing your stuff to Chin without your consent. He's shady ;)

Ivy what are you doing??? that 25% commission was supposed to be a secret. :wink:

Xtasia
04-17-2006, 07:09 PM
ha!