PDA

View Full Version : howdy20012002 order

AndyL
03-15-2006, 12:03 AM
Check the vendors section for the $1 snail sale post...

Neals willing to ship, anyone interested in splitting shipping?

Andy

impreza
03-15-2006, 12:19 AM
I wouldn't mind some snails and possibly peppermint shrimp, as long as shipping isn't too outrageous.

fishmanty
03-15-2006, 01:00 AM
I would take 20 snails and a sand sifting star

midgetwaiter
03-15-2006, 01:01 AM
I could use some snails as well, I'll be up there this weekend and could just bring everything home with me.

blood_hound
03-15-2006, 01:04 AM
Im in for a couple of snails maybe 10 and 20 bl hermit

AndyL
03-15-2006, 03:55 AM
Midget - if you could, that'd make life even easier!

I asked howdy to pop into the thread, he can voice his opinion on preferences on how to pay etc.

Andy

howdy20012002
03-15-2006, 04:27 AM
Hello all
i don't have a problem with midget picking the stuff up
obviously it would save money for everyone involved
I am open to payment method
i can take paypal and email transfers
email transfer being the preference as they don't charge the 3 percent charge
cash would also work
I will warn everyone
i don't have alot of stock of some items so first come first served
i do however have lots of bl and rl hermits
the reason i am doing this sale is that i have too many turbos,
my supplier made a mistake and sent me too many..lol
Anyhows
you can call me or pm with what u want
First come first served
Looking forward to hearing from you
Neal

impreza
03-15-2006, 04:33 AM
That would be great if Midget could bring it down for us! We can just maybe chip in for gas?

fishmanty
03-15-2006, 06:01 AM
Yeah, I'd for sure chip in some gas money to midget!!... You are gonna go for sure, right midget?

So, howdy20012002, we can just msg you our order, you can send us a total, and we can email transfer you the money, and you will save the items we want for us?? (Im guessing thats what you mean by first come first serve, being that it's a little different being that they won't be picked up until the weekend)

howdy20012002
03-15-2006, 06:05 AM
yep..that is fine
the big thing is i don't want someone to say that they want something and i never hear from them again
let me know what u guys want and we will go from there
thanks
Neal

midgetwaiter
03-15-2006, 06:58 AM
Yes I am going for sure, we're scouting out places to live when we move this fall :(

I will be returning late Sunday, probably too late to schedule any pickups. We can set everything up for pickup at my office or apartment (both downtown) the next day, with inverts this shouldn't be a problem. I'd be willing to cover any DOAs should something happen.

What part of town are you in Neal? I'll be spending most of my time in St. Albert and the West End.

Oh and put me down for 10 turbos and a pair of pepermints.

SJSobczyk
03-15-2006, 01:41 PM
Message sent to Howdy. If anyone that lives in the south is able to grab my order from Downtown please let me know.

Steve

fishmanty
03-15-2006, 05:13 PM
I live just off anderson and Elbow... so yeah, I could get any one else's on monday.

When you say late sunday... how late is late? Im a night owl, and I don't like downtown during the day. Sooo much easier to get around there at night...

impreza
03-15-2006, 06:19 PM
Midget,

I live about 5mins out of downtown so pick up shouldn't be a problem. So we can go ahead with paying Howdy now?

AndyL
03-15-2006, 06:51 PM
I would say go ahead, I'm going to email transfer $ to him shortly - worst case greyhound is cheap:

Shipping From: edmonton, AB
Shipping To: calgary, AB
Shipping Date: Mar 20, 2006
Oversized : No
Number of Packages: 1
Total Weight: 20
Station to Station Rate: $13.78
Additional services may be available for this shipment. Please refer to the Services pages to see what is available.
Subtotal = $13.78
GST Tax = $0.96
Total = $14.74

Andy

midgetwaiter
03-15-2006, 07:19 PM
Fishmanty - Probably 10:00 or 11:00. If you want to come then I don't mind.

Andy - Greyhound has been a little ****y lately about live animal shipments. If you call them they may or may not say it's okay but usually the guy at the counter won't take them. Best bet would be to lie about the contents.

So if everybody sends me a PM by Saturday morning letting me know what needs to be picked up I'll bring it home with me.

fishmanty
03-15-2006, 07:33 PM
Hey Midget (Got a first name we can call ya by? :P Calling ya midget sounds kinda... rude, ya know?)

I've put an order in for 15 snails, 1 star and 1 duster (Haven't heard back on their availability, but regardless, they'll be a few bags for me)
Wish he had an urchin available.

But yeah, I'd perfer to pick up on sunday night, for the health of the fish. So, I can PM you my home number and if you could call it when ya get in town (Unless after 1am), then I can pop over there and grab mine

Thanks

Ty

midgetwaiter
03-15-2006, 08:20 PM
Hey Midget (Got a first name we can call ya by? :P Calling ya midget sounds kinda... rude, ya know?)

I've put an order in for 15 snails, 1 star and 1 duster (Haven't heard back on their availability, but regardless, they'll be a few bags for me)
Wish he had an urchin available.

But yeah, I'd perfer to pick up on sunday night, for the health of the fish. So, I can PM you my home number and if you could call it when ya get in town (Unless after 1am), then I can pop over there and grab mine

Thanks

Ty

My name is Aaron.

If you want to come and get em Sunday night that's no problem for me.

AndyL
03-15-2006, 11:40 PM
Andy - Greyhound has been a little ****y lately about live animal shipments. If you call them they may or may not say it's okay but usually the guy at the counter won't take them. Best bet would be to lie about the contents.

They've always been ****y about live animals - more so in the last 4 or so since they actually officially said they don't carry them (insurance reasons more than anything). In the rare case they ask, it's pet supplies, tick off the NBO box and pay the extra 5$, not a big deal if ya ask me.

Officially no carriers in canada still carry live animals - but our pet stores don't run out of animals to sell :lol:

impreza
03-16-2006, 06:11 PM
Midget - pm sent!

midgetwaiter
03-17-2006, 12:23 AM
Here's what I have confirmed so far.

SJSobczyk
30 BLH
20 Turbos
4 Conch

AndyL
10 Turbos
5 BB Turbos
10 BLH

Impreza
20 Turbos
10 BLH
2 Pep shrimp

KLam
2 Dusters
10 BLH
4 RLH
1 Red Star
10 turbos
2 Pep Shrimp

FishmanTy
15 Turbo
1 Red Star
1 Duster

Anyone that wants to pickup Sunday night PM me with your phone number and I'll call you when I get into town.

I only have room for one or two more orders so first come first serve.

Aaron

midgetwaiter
03-19-2006, 08:33 PM
Update:

Everything looks good, should be home just after 10:00 pm. I'll contact everyone when I get there.

Aaron

AndyL
03-19-2006, 10:29 PM
Thanks for the update aaron,

Drive safe!

howdy20012002
03-20-2006, 12:35 AM
just thought i would let everyone know that the order is enroute home.
Couple exceptions.
the sandsifter star
and the brittle star
both weren't looking right so didn't want to ship them
i sent the money back with aaron for those items
Another thing, I am truly sorry about the snail ID
apparently i shipped down astrea versus turbos
if anyone is truly unsatisfied with what you received, pm me and i will send back your money for the snails that you purchased
my mistake - Sorry
thanks again for order
Neal

Aquaholic
03-20-2006, 02:30 PM
Just to let you know everything is doing really well, the anemone found a nice spot and the rest are in good shape as well.

midgetwaiter
03-20-2006, 04:57 PM
Well I hope everything else is doing well, my stuff setlled in great. Thanks everybody for coming so late to pick up.

Neil has a pretty good little setup going there. I would definately like to do this again in the future.

impreza
03-20-2006, 05:31 PM
Thank you Neal and Aaron!

fishmanty
03-20-2006, 06:23 PM
Thanks guys.
Nice little feather duster. Had his feathers out while still in the bag!

And turbos, well, are turbo's
thanks!

AndyL
03-21-2006, 02:00 AM
Thanks again neal and aaron!

Hope to see some of you soon, others again soon :mrgreen:

Andy