PDA

View Full Version : Zoanthid Dip

deep6er
03-13-2006, 10:44 PM
I redid my tank last week and I fresh water diped all of the zoos. I soaked most of them for about 4 min. And there was a few that was abit longer (7min). They dont look like they are doing so well. They are not opening up and some of the skin that covers the rock has gone brown.

Will they be ok??

GobiGurl
03-13-2006, 11:32 PM
I've found if you don't have enough flow they'll turn brown. I've lost them in the past with fresh water dips though, I wouldn't reccommend over 1-2 minutes.

Good Luck

Lynn

hockey nut
03-13-2006, 11:43 PM
I use a soft toothbrush to clean my zoos when they are closed up for a long period of time. Seems to help sometimes. When you fresh water dipped them did you match your salinity and water temp? I find this helps as well.

hth

PS. how are those Dragon Eyes and Boy Scouts doing????

hockey nut
03-14-2006, 12:01 AM
In regards to dipping them. I swirl the water around which helps bring out some of the bad critters and cleans off the Zoo rock of lose debri. I try not to let the zoos sit still for too long in the fresh water. 2-3 min max total . Although they can handle longer. I now use a quarintine tank and am thankfull that I do as I am finding more and more nudi's on new pcs of zoos. I picked up a zoo frag from OA 2 weeks ago and it had four ZOO Spiders on it. I couldn't believe it.

Cheers