PDA

View Full Version : Good Glue to Glue A Zoo

lil_clownfish13
03-13-2006, 08:32 PM
Hi All,

So i've lost my patience for my zoo/paly collection. They are getting fragged up and sold...

But i have a problem. I need to know a good glue for gluing zoos down to plugs??

Im hoping to not spend so much, and something I can pickup at home depot.

Anyone tried nail glue?? I heard somewhere that it works??

Tina

Willow
03-13-2006, 08:34 PM
use "super glue gel", you can get ot anywhere. generic brand is fine just make sure you get the gel version.

lil_clownfish13
03-13-2006, 08:35 PM
How would i use it ? do i need to start with dry stuff or will it adhere wet?

Willow
03-13-2006, 08:41 PM
get an old cutting board or something out. pull your zoos out and chop them up into your frag sized pieces. blot behind them so they aren’t super wet, do the same for your rock you are attaching them to. squeeze some of the glue onto the rock, you don’t need a whole lot and spread it around with a toothpick for your coverage area. sit your frag down into the glue and use a little pressure to make sure it sits in there ok. let it set on your board for a few mins then slowly submerge it back into the tank. let it sit for a few days in a lower flow area. if some of the corners of your new frag come loose just pull it back out and squirt a little glue back under and repeat the process. should be pretty easy after you have done one or to.

lil_clownfish13
03-13-2006, 08:45 PM
Thanks a lot willow!:)

U've saved my afternoon in a flash!! :D

Willow
03-13-2006, 08:55 PM
hey no problem.

make sure you wear gloves and dont touch your mouth whatever you do during the process.. also watch out for the zoos squirting when you cut them, they can be quite toxic.

Static
03-14-2006, 08:12 AM
As I understand it, water is the catalyst for cyanoacrylate (super) glue.

When I make frags I get a bowl of tank water and after putting the zoos on/in the glue I dunk them straight into my bowl of water and let them sit there for about 3-4 minutes. There's no flow so they won't get blown away, and by the time I take them out to put back in the tank the glue is fully cured. It also reduces the out of water time for the zoos.

albert_dao
03-14-2006, 09:28 AM
I prefer fishing line myself.