PDA

View Full Version : Might be selling my setup...

Fish
03-13-2006, 01:13 AM
Hello gang,

In another month's time I will have a new responsibility at work that takes me out of the office. The office spot - along with my desk - will then go to someone else.
I am trying to decide what I am going to do with my mantis nano because I don't really have a spot at home for it. Right now, my wife is against me drilling the counter top of the kitchen island... wierd.
If I can't come up with another solution, and someone is interested, I will sell it.
You can see it here, but I have also posted the tank on:

nano-reef.com as "Fish"
reefcentral.com as "ninjafish"
and recently on
aquaden.com as "F1sh" (this thread is the shortest but has all the details).

Feel free to contact me.

Cheers,
- Chad

Edit: The tank is now a 12" cube. Video #3 is most current.

i have crabs
03-13-2006, 01:54 AM
how about you just let me take your old job (and desk) and ill take care of ike for you.

Bob I
03-13-2006, 01:58 AM
how about you just let me take your old job (and desk) and ill take care of ike for you.

I happen to know what Chad does for a living, and I think it won't happen any time soon.:razz::razz:

Fish
03-13-2006, 04:58 AM
LOL
Thanks guys. The other people in the office want me to just leave the tank there... but I'm not prepared to hand Ike over to a bunch of folks who don't know how to take care of him and his coral garden...

- Chad

Skimmer Juice
03-13-2006, 05:12 AM
How much do you want for it.I wanted to set up a tank like that ever since I asked you how to do the plumbing.I recently set up a 20 gallon cube with the advice on the filter you gave me.I also already own a mantis shrimp and have for the past year.If you really want to sell it I will buy for sure.Always wanted another mantis.Just let me know.Thanks.

Fish
03-13-2006, 05:18 AM
Thanks bro.
If you don't mind giving me a day or so to come up with a price. I am thinking of offering it either with or without the dosing pump... whatever the buyer wants. The dosing pump is really the most expensive part of the system.
I'll throw in the Ranco controller that I never got around to wiring. For the halide I have the 20k bulb that's in it, a 10K bulb with only a week or so of use, and a spare 20k bulb that's been test fired but never used.

I will get back to you soon (and that goes for those of you who PM'd me too)

Thanks,

- Chad

Funky_Fish14
03-13-2006, 05:44 AM
Chad, your system is fantastic, it looks like you've put alot of work into it. I hope you are able to keep it, It sure would be a prized tank in anyone's collection.

Also, I think your 3rd video is absolutley awesome. Very well made!

Chris

Fish
03-14-2006, 03:02 AM
Thanks Chris!

Hi everyone. Right now I'm looking for a hutch or stand that I can put the tank on in the kitchen nook. If I don't find anything in time, I will sell the whole system (minus topoff pump) for $400. The topoff pump would be an extra $300 if you needed it, otherwise I will just keep it incase I ever do another project some day...

Thanks for your patience.
- Chad

Fish
03-15-2006, 06:10 PM
If I get rid of the whole thing, I will have no use for my ro/di filter, refractometer, or digital TDS meter. I will include this as well. And now it is just $200 extra for the topoff pump - it is worth about $1400 new.

The price might drop again if it gets closer to the deadline and I still don't have a place to put it at home.

Cheers,
- Chad