PDA

View Full Version : Nature's corner

Dutch
03-12-2006, 04:01 PM
I went and checked out this store on the weekend and was impressed! Excellent service and very attractive prices ( unlike aquarium illusions ). I bought a peppermint shrimp and an orange bubble tip anemone for 40 bucks! Lets all support this guy! Finally, someone in the city who isn't here to rip us off like AI does! The owner Brian is very helpful even if you are there just to check stuff out, ( unlike aquarium illusions, again! ) and more than willing to bring in whatever stock you desire! Brian is expanding his saltwater section so there will be more good stuff to come. Help this guy out as much as you can everyone, the home reef you always desired is now within your reach without breaking the bank!

TRS
03-12-2006, 04:52 PM
What is the Street address?

lil_clownfish13
03-12-2006, 07:18 PM
Brian doesnt own it; Henry Van Elst owns it... i think brian just works there.
I agree that they are helpful and great resource people, but i think its also fair to say that AI has its moments too where they have been great help to all of us so I think it's best to keep this a positive forum....

no need to trash other LFS to make another one look better...

competition is good for prices city wide...

mark
03-12-2006, 07:52 PM
I still like AI.

b_james
03-12-2006, 07:57 PM
I went and checked out this store on the weekend and was impressed! Excellent service and very attractive prices ( unlike aquarium illusions ). I bought a peppermint shrimp and an orange bubble tip anemone for 40 bucks! Lets all support this guy! Finally, someone in the city who isn't here to rip us off like AI does! The owner Brian is very helpful even if you are there just to check stuff out, ( unlike aquarium illusions, again! ) and more than willing to bring in whatever stock you desire! Brian is expanding his saltwater section so there will be more good stuff to come. Help this guy out as much as you can everyone, the home reef you always desired is now within your reach without breaking the bank!

I was there too... I ditto your comments. Why is it that Natures Corner's price for a sea hair is $18 and the same thing at AI is $39:drinking:

mr_alberta
03-12-2006, 08:01 PM
I like Natures as well. Its a shame they moves so far south east for me. I use to be able to walk to their store :cry:

I'm excited to see how the store will turn out once everything is up and running smoothly. Its also handy that OxyPro is right around the corner...

Funky_Fish14
03-12-2006, 08:09 PM
I must live a sheltered life, I have never heard of this place? (And I've never heard of OxyPro, what is it?)

Anyone have any more info on location or anything? Is it in the yellowpages?

Thanks!

Chris

mark
03-12-2006, 08:24 PM
Few different threads going on Canreef about this place.

Matt
03-12-2006, 08:32 PM
Brian runs a company called "Little Oceans" and he's sharing space there. I think calling him the "owner" of the SW section isn't too far off the mark. Of course, these relationships are often complex, and I may have the wrong of it.

Matt

Pan
03-12-2006, 08:51 PM
I like Natures as well. Its a shame they moves so far south east for me. I use to be able to walk to their store :cry:

I'm excited to see how the store will turn out once everything is up and running smoothly. Its also handy that OxyPro is right around the corner...

walk! 7 blocks...sheesh no way :)

j-roc
03-13-2006, 02:34 PM
Natures Corner Store :
Address 9082-51 Ave Edmonton
Phone # (780)433-3474
Store hours
Closed Mondays
Tuesday - Wednesday 10:00am to 6:00pm
Thursday - Friday 10:00am to 8:00pm
Saturday 10:00am - to 5:00pm
Sunday 11:00am to 4:00pm

Website www.NaturesCornerStore.com

fishguyxd
03-16-2006, 12:16 AM
Well it sounds like a lot of reefers are checking this place out, with positive results well it's nice that there will be more selection and hopefully better prices for all.