PDA

View Full Version : Captive Bred Clowns not Hosting

Pansy-Paws
03-12-2006, 02:33 AM
OK, as the title says, we're having trouble getting our two captive bred ocellaris clowns to host.

We picked up a Green BTA a week ago, and they haven't even looked at it. Is it too soon to expect some action, or are there some tricks to get them to host in the anemome.

Our other tank has a wild caught clown, and it dives right for an anemone when we add one to the tank :smile:

Got any tips ???

Bob I
03-12-2006, 03:00 AM
It just takes time. The BTA is not the natural host for Ocellaris Clowns, tank raised, or wild caught. I once had two wild caught perculas that would not host wih a RBTA. It was only after I removed anything that was a substitute that they took up with the RBTA. After that they were inseperable.:mrgreen:

J.Lloy
03-12-2006, 03:35 AM
ya it's like Bob said, will just take time. Chances are they have never seen a BTA before, once they discover it they will be insepratable.

Pansy-Paws
03-12-2006, 04:07 AM
Yeah, I hear you on just giving it some time.

But my wife and I were speculating that if a sex video works for Panda Bears, maybe a picture of a clown poking out of a GBTA would get them thinking ... :razz:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Skimmer Juice
03-12-2006, 04:08 AM
I have 2 captive raised clowns also.I have had mine for about 5 months and I have 3 anemones they wont touch any of them.The only thing they go to is my cowfish and sit under him.Sometimes even nip his tail,they just started that.So good luck I havent had any.Will have to get rid of my clowns so they dont stress my cow.

Chin_Lee
03-12-2006, 04:10 AM
it took my false percs two and half years to finally notice the rbta. they just started hosting last month!