PDA

View Full Version : Me see reef!!!!!

rusty
03-11-2006, 10:29 PM
I would just like to hi to everyone from the sunny carribian!!! Yep thats where I am typeing from! :mrgreen: Its totally cool standing in water that is 3 feet deep, putting your face in the water and seeing reef! And yes I will post some pics when I get home. Till then have fun in the snow back home!!!! :razz:

mr_alberta
03-11-2006, 10:31 PM
Just don't freak out when those little clownfish bite you. I've seen your reaction when your 1" perc. nips at you...:razz: :lol:

Samw
03-11-2006, 10:58 PM
haha. no clownfish in the Atlantic ocean though. Maybe a barracuda.

muck
03-11-2006, 11:18 PM
Hey Russ from across the caribbean sea.. :razz:

see ya in a few weeks

Reefhawk1
03-12-2006, 12:59 AM
I want to go to the Caribbean :cry: Hey have fun, and defiantly post some pics:mrgreen:

rusty
03-12-2006, 11:39 AM
Hey Russ from across the caribbean sea.. :razz:

see ya in a few weeks
Back at you buddy!! Hows Punta Cana? Are you as burnt as I am???:mrgreen:

asherah
03-13-2006, 08:51 AM
hey where in the carribean are you ? I've been to a bunch of Islands there.
St.Lucia was beautiful. Tho I didn't get to see much of St.Thomas since I had to much trouble walking from the sunburns on my feet !! ouch ! Don't forget the sunscreen on your feet. ROFL. My feet were swollen !

amanda

Beverly
03-13-2006, 01:31 PM
What kinds of corals are you seeing?

Delphinus
03-13-2006, 04:21 PM
Betcha lots of gorgs :)

rusty
03-14-2006, 11:55 AM
Hello again :biggrin: well due to me sprianing my ankle and dislocating my shoulder I wll not be able to go far out on the reef but so far I have been able to take some pics and provided thart my cheap underwater camera works I will post some when I get back.And Harvey no clownfish scares me:lol: Yesterday I was standing in about 5 feet of water watching a school of fish and than they freaked out and I found out why. A small shark swam within about 2 feet of me and than swam away and no I did not fill my short. I personly thought I would but it did not even bother me.:biggrin: Today I am going to a reef that I can walk to ( can't wear fins due to my ankle) will take some pics and keep you all updated. Oh yeh yesterday we were walking on the shore and came acrross a couple of little pools that the waves had caused during a wind storm and looking in the pools I found a juv. angle fish 1/4 inch Long! So cute! It was black with yellow stripes, I told my wife that I wanted to take him home but she wouldn't let me. :sad: Anywho having fun, talk to you all later! :mrgreen:

saltynuts
03-14-2006, 01:57 PM
can,t let you go out any more.Goes on a trip and gets hurt man thats funny!
But did the shark have a lazer beam!

TheReefGeek
03-14-2006, 06:48 PM
Ouch! How did you hurt yourself? Sounds like you are enjoying the trip anyways so that is good.

rusty
03-15-2006, 12:50 AM
Here I am coming at you from the sunny caribian :mrgreen: today on the reef swimming through a school of fish ( I got no idea what the were) when they bolted there was a 4+ foot barracuda!!!! One mean looking mother!!!! Also some sweet SPS photos were taken ( hopefully they turn out) I went thought 2 spools of film today water was very clear today ( wind storm was whipping up waves and sediment the past few days) Take care back home all!!!!:mrgreen:

asherah
03-15-2006, 02:12 AM
man some day i've got to go back =) but i'll never forget the shock of leaving in october and getting off the plain in staggering heat lol
I hope your feeling better. I didn't get to see much for reefs etc when iwas there but I did get to see dolphins.
Next time I want to see the orchid gardens and some marine life =)
The cruise ship was a blast too, but I did get sea sick one night. hehe
amanda

btw.. the pic is pretty small but it looks alot like the beach I went to at Antiqua (sp) =p Hubby and friends went jet skiing and I collected shells from the ocean. Man I've never felt the ocean so warm=)

rusty
03-18-2006, 06:40 PM
Ok I am back in town now :sad: After getting off the air plane I wondered why I can back though :neutral: Got some Pics from the reef devoloped They suck!!!! Cheap under water cameras suck!!!! they take great shots out of water but under.... nooooooo !!!! Anyhow I will post some of the pics that did work later :biggrin:

Pan
03-18-2006, 07:53 PM
Ok I am back in town now :sad: After getting off the air plane I wondered why I can back though :neutral: Got some Pics from the reef devoloped They suck!!!! Cheap under water cameras suck!!!! they take great shots out of water but under.... nooooooo !!!! Anyhow I will post some of the pics that did work later :biggrin:

heh back just in time for the snow :)