PDA

View Full Version : SeaFans??

Deathstar
03-11-2006, 10:22 PM
Hi Guys,

I want to get a SeaFan for my Seahorse tank. What would be the best one to get? Are they hard to take care of? What is the best thing to feed them?

Thanks,

Eric

SeaHorse_Fanatic
03-11-2006, 10:29 PM
The corky fingers are photosynthetic and the easiest to keep alive. Otherwise, just get the dead skeletons because those work well & you don't have to worry about keeping it alive with lots of food that will pollute your seahorse tank.

Anthony

Deathstar
03-12-2006, 04:30 AM
Thanks for the info Anthony.

Eric

bulletsworld
03-12-2006, 06:02 AM
yeah there was a post back in the "PICTURE" forum not to long back of a person that had a tank full of dead sea fans and it looked good.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
03-12-2006, 06:41 AM
Diana & Raf in North Vancouver.

bulletsworld
03-12-2006, 06:56 AM
Diana & Raf in North Vancouver.

Yeah thats it! I know they had a discussion about purchasing them online somewhere but they were expensive. But they did look really nice in the pictures and did add to to look of the aquascape.

Deathstar
03-13-2006, 04:00 AM
They have 4 or more of them at Ocean aquarium's in Calgary they range from 60-90. I am hoping to find a used one becuse that is a lot of money.

Thanks for all the info.

Eric

Chaloupa
03-13-2006, 04:36 AM
Hey-I know of a local couple (Ken and Linny)...they are on the board here...I'm sure that they sell them and their price is good. They had quite a selection when I was over last!

Once I saw Raf and Dianas tank...whew, would love to add them to my FOWLR. Very cool looking!

I should mention also that they were the dead ones like in Raf/Diana's tank that Ken and Linny have.....

Deathstar
03-15-2006, 04:03 PM
Hi Guys,

Is DT's Live Phytoplankton the best to a feed Yellow Gorgonian (SeaFan)? Should I get anything more to feed them? How offten should I feed them and how much. It will be the only coral in a 30G tank.

Thanks for the help.

Eric