PDA

View Full Version : 230 G system shutdown for maintenance

b_james
03-11-2006, 02:27 AM
Any Idea how long my system will survive with only internal tank circulation and lights? I have to sut eveything down in order to complete the work down in the basement filter room. I have to disconnect all plumbing and equipment to paint the backwalls, pipe supports and the floor. I anticipate a 2 day shutdown. BTW all I have in the tank is 200lbs of LR 3 real small polyp frags and a handfull for macro algae. no fish.

mark
03-11-2006, 02:34 AM
Don't see why you would if it was kept to temperature and the circulation disturbed the surface for gas exchange.

People do keep tanks without sumps and skimmers.

StirCrazy
03-11-2006, 04:19 AM
put a heater in and throw a couple power heads in and it should be fine.

Steve

G1GY
03-11-2006, 05:22 AM
Any Idea how long my system will survive with only internal tank circulation and lights? .

My tank has survived this way for.......... say........ The last year and a half.

Mike Olson
03-11-2006, 07:16 AM
I just had my 150G running with lights and internal circ. for five days with no ill effects...I had some cyano issues with my sand cyling beforehand...some spread to the rock but nothing serious. Like Willow said to me....take your time and do a great job! Dont worry!

Bob I
03-11-2006, 04:55 PM
Any Idea how long my system will survive with only internal tank circulation and lights?

My tank has survived quite nicely that way for the past five years.:biggrin: