PDA

View Full Version : Any one been to this store before?

bulletsworld
03-10-2006, 10:08 PM
Natures Corner Store (91St/51Ave) ??

What are your thoughts?

Is it a petstore with an assort of animals or just FW & SW fish?

I just realized last night that Edmonton is really sad in SW fish stores department. Only stores I know of is, Big Al's, Aquarium Illusions & Saltwater Fantasies.

Where do you shop for supplies & livestock locally?

saltynuts
03-10-2006, 10:10 PM
that used to be dads fish room. from what i here it,s pritty good
good fish some corals rock is crazy but its a start!

mr_alberta
03-10-2006, 10:21 PM
Leeanne, there are a few new "at home" type stores that have openned up in Edmonton. Marine Aquaria is one of them. He carries livestock as well as dry goods. The owners name is Joshua and he's pretty good to deal with. Another one is Aquatic (or was is Aquarium?) solutions. The owners name is Chris and I've dealt with him a couple of times. He's pretty cool as well. He only deals with dry goods at this time. Both are CanReef sponsors.

"thereefgeek" is also another vendor. Never met the person so I don't know what he/she is like. I think they only deal in base rock though. Could be mistaken.

Neal (howdy20012002 I think is his user name) is also a vendor on CanReef. He can usually bring in cleaning crew items for a decent price.

There is also a new store openning up just south of Argyl road. The folks that use to run the store in Devon are moving into the city.

There should also be another one or two stores openning up shortly, but I'm not 100% certain so I won't make any assumptions.

Also, AquaGiant is supposedly going to get into the saltwater game later this year (though this rumor has been around for a while now). So, the list of known Edmonton stores/vendors are:

AI
Big Al's
Salt Water Fantasies
Nature's Corner
Aquarium Enthusiasts (open in mid/late April)
Marine Aquaria (mail order)
Aquatic (or Aquarium) Solutions

Not too bad for a city our size...

Ah, one last thing. Don't forget about Keith in Drayton Valley. He runs an "at home business" called "Fish Styx".

lil_clownfish13
03-10-2006, 11:08 PM
I was in Nature's Corner this afternoon, its starting to really come together (they've only been open 2 weeks in the new location.) and yes, It is owned by Henry, the same owner of Dad's Fishroom.

It looks very promising indeed :) Good to hear we're going to have more options for saltwater!!

Myanth
03-11-2006, 02:26 PM
Awesome. I'm used to the same old. Nice to hear of some selection. I'll have to check them out. If only I knew the addresses......

KrazyKuch
03-11-2006, 03:16 PM
I went to Natures corner just the other day and I would have to say that they carry SW & FW fish, and some Bird equipment, but atm they don't carry much for fish dry goods!!!

Medicdude
03-11-2006, 04:21 PM
Aquarium Enthusiasts new address will be 6734 - 75 street, Edmonton
Phone: 780-469-FISH (3474)
The Devon store will be closing March 17 and the new location should open April 1st (ish).

bulletsworld
03-12-2006, 06:41 AM
Mark posted a link on another forum with address to the Nature's Corner Store
(formerly D.A.D.'s FishRoom).

here is their website: http://www.natures.citymax.com/page/page/2469882.htm

bulletsworld
03-12-2006, 06:43 AM
Btw...thanks everyone for posting. Always good to find other places to shop.

rusty
03-19-2006, 10:54 PM
www.reefwerkz.ca (http://www.reefwerkz.ca) :biggrin: Soon!!

fishguyxd
03-19-2006, 11:23 PM
I stopped there today friendly,helpful and some nice stuff, seen some nice corals,(currently just a small selection) but they are still bringing in stock but I will be back to give them some business again. All Edmonton reefers should check it out.

Pan
03-19-2006, 11:43 PM
I stopped there today friendly,helpful and some nice stuff, seen some nice corals,(currently just a small selection) but they are still bringing in stock but I will be back to give them some business again. All Edmonton reefers should check it out.

i bought some liverock from them when i first started up the now re-cycling 20...i was quite happy with them...they were at the old location, I hven't been to the new one though...I am penniless, and don't need the agravation of looking at things i can't buy....for now anyways.

lil_clownfish13
03-20-2006, 02:24 AM
I picked up this zoo rock there this week... 60 Bucks-- but it has some wicked zoos on it... including "fire and ice" if u follow the frivelous zoo-naming trends, Nicest zoo rock ive seen in the city yet... NO BROWN!:)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v607/lil_clownfish/zoorock.jpg

TheReefGeek
03-20-2006, 04:32 PM
Good to see all the stores opening up, should increase competition and decrease some prices for us in Edmonton.

Mr Alberta, you are correct I just sell dry coral reef rock.

mr_alberta
03-20-2006, 04:35 PM
www.reefwerks.ca (http://www.reefwerks.ca) :biggrin: Soon!!

Dude, if you are going to post a link to a store, at least make sure the link is correct! :razz: :lol:

muck
03-20-2006, 05:21 PM
Dude, if you are going to post a link to a store, at least make sure the link is correct! :razz: :lol:
Haha what a putz! Good one Russ.

P.S. I fixed it.

midgetwaiter
03-20-2006, 05:30 PM
I was looking at that zoo rock, very nice.

I really like the new store, I think they are doing some great things with it.