PDA

View Full Version : Blood Parrot Spawn

Johnny Reefer
03-10-2006, 05:52 AM
Two of my Blood Parrots spawned!
If I'm not mistaken, though, I believe the males of this hybrid are sterile so it probably won't go any further than this.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b355/1Johnny2Reefer3/BloodParrotSpawn.jpg

Cheers:smile:,

digital-audiophile
03-10-2006, 02:30 PM
It's pretty cool eh? We have had our parrots spawn before and they fan the eggs for a couple days and then eat them ;)

Bob I
03-10-2006, 06:40 PM
Where were you guys when I was trying to find information on these things.:question::razz:

My brother in Creston inherited a couple of these things. They were in a ten gallon tank, and had grown huge. He really did not want them, so I hauled them to Calgary at the beginning of February. I posted about them, but nobody answered, so I gave them to Pisces. They were gone the next day. maybe I should have tried longer to sell them:question:

Kabong
03-10-2006, 07:03 PM
There is a remote chance that your male isn't sterile.
I've heard of a few case's where they actually hatched.

digital-audiophile
03-10-2006, 08:26 PM
Bob,

I remember when you posted about looking for a home for some parrots. I was tempted to answer to take them, but we allready have six parrots in a 50 gallon tank that they are very quickly outgrowing, looks like we are going to have to upgrade... (to my dismay as I personally would rather get rid of the freshwater tank and add another marine tank in its prime real estate spot in the living room :p)

Johnny Reefer
03-11-2006, 01:22 AM
There is a remote chance that your male isn't sterile.
I've heard of a few case's where they actually hatched.
No such luck. They have fungus on them now.

Cheers:smile:,

Kabong
03-11-2006, 01:38 AM
LOL yeah i'm no fish breeding expert, But i'd say thats not a good sign.