PDA

View Full Version : Seahorse Tank

Deathstar
03-10-2006, 12:57 AM
Hi Guys,

I am in the process of turning my 30G tank into a seahorse tank.

I want to keep some fish with my seahorses. Does anyone know what fish would go best with seahorses.

I was going to keep my Maroon Clown (not the best idea but I want to keep him) I would like to get a few more fish was thining of maybe a two more from this list. Pipefish, Royal Gramma, Spotted Mandarin, Lawnmower Blenny, Yellow Watchman Goby, Firefish or a Yellowhead Jawfish.

Does anyone have a seahorse tank with fish? What are the best fish to with seahorses.

Thanks,

Eric

Snappy
03-10-2006, 01:44 AM
Of the fish you have listed, the pipefish are good companions and the jawfish are ok. Those are probably your best bets. Seahorses and pipefish tend to eat pods so a mandarin is not a great choice as they will also eat the limited pods in a small tank.

DEAD_BY_DAWN
03-10-2006, 03:18 AM
"not the best idea " You are correct there,the clown is going to bully the seahorse and out compete them for the food,just stick with the pipes and the manderin and make sure all are eating frozen before buying else there all going to starve to death.

Funky_Fish14
03-10-2006, 04:01 AM
I'd forget the mandarin in a tank that small with seahorses. I would say, only the firefish as a suitable companion, very calm, wont out-compete the seahorses for food, and is not fast moving.

Chris

Deathstar
03-10-2006, 04:47 AM
Thanks for the input.:mrgreen: I think I know what I am going to get.

Thanks,

Eric

Deathstar
03-10-2006, 04:52 AM
Hi Guys.

I found this cool gide just incase there is someone that wants to know what fish go with seahorses.

http://www.seahorse.org/library/articles/tankmates.shtml

Eric