PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want to do group order from Saltyunderground? (aptasia nudis)

OCDP
03-09-2006, 03:04 PM
Just curious as to if anyone on here would be interested in ordering a bunch of these nudis.... I don't want to do it myself as I only need 2 at the most... I have a few aptasia I want to get rid of. And these seem like a sure fire bet.

Anyone out there? The more the better.... I haven't looked into prices and what not yet I was just curious as to if there is any interest first.

Scott

SJSobczyk
03-09-2006, 03:33 PM
Scott,

Have you not tried boiling water? Worked the best for me, then i had a peppermint shrimp to clean the rest up. Never had a problem since.

Just a suggestion though......sorry to jump on your thread.

Steve

OCDP
03-09-2006, 03:45 PM
No worries at all...

I haven't used boiling water, but I have used very hot tap water... maybe I need to use some boiled water ? I also am supposed to order a peppermint off the clean-up crew order, but I am not sure what's happening there.

Also, one reason why I wanted a nudi was because I have an aptasia growing in the middle of a zoo colony :twised: Great spot....

Some are also getting quite large... and I highly doubt a peppermint will eat them.

SJSobczyk
03-09-2006, 04:01 PM
Scott,

It has to be boiling water for it to work effectively. I have a small syringe and tip, that i got when i purchased joes juice, that you can use. I had hundreds of tiny ones in my tank. I nuked the large ones with boiling water and the peppermint took care of the rest. I guess i was lucky that i got a peppermint that attacked the aptasia. I heard its hit or miss depending on the species.

Steve

OCDP
03-09-2006, 04:11 PM
Okay, so boiling water it is. I don't have a syringe, but I work in a health center, so I am sure I can get one no problems :biggrin: (im so slow, all this time it never crossed my mind that there is probably a swack of syringes around this place... :rolleyes: )

Going to try this out tonight if I can get my hands on a syringe!

DiscusZ
03-09-2006, 08:26 PM
If the boiling water does not work I will go in on an order.. Boiling water has not worked for me.. it seems it kills them and then it seams they spread.. I had 2 in my tank and now I have about 10 that I try to kill on a regular basis, the more I kill the more i seem to get..

Joes' jiuce does not work for me either,, I may try some stong Kalkwasser this weekend. I am at wits end here

Jim

OCDP
03-09-2006, 08:52 PM
If the boiling water does not work I will go in on an order.. Boiling water has not worked for me.. it seems it kills them and then it seams they spread.. I had 2 in my tank and now I have about 10 that I try to kill on a regular basis, the more I kill the more i seem to get..

Joes' jiuce does not work for me either,, I may try some stong Kalkwasser this weekend. I am at wits end here

Jim

Exact same problem with me!!! When I used (very) hot tap water, and injected them... they seemed to die off, but then the next few days they are bigger than before.. and I have noticed more after doing so as well! Very weird....

I haven't tried joe's juice or anything else.. but I am hoping that boiling water will work.

SJSobczyk
03-09-2006, 09:15 PM
Also, wont the nudis starve if there is no more anemones to eat?

http://www.saltyunderground.com/faq.htm#q1

Steve

medican
03-09-2006, 10:12 PM
Im in for two......

Its not the ones that the hot water or the Joes juice work on, its the ones you cant see that keep the population comming back.

Quagmire
03-09-2006, 10:17 PM
I read about these guys awhile ago,thought it might be a good solution,but they look like some work to keep alive.Pretty much have to have a second tank with aiptasia to feed them.Here's a good article about them along with how to farm them.

http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/2004-01/ac/feature/index.php

adidas
03-09-2006, 10:34 PM
i'd go in for 2

OCDP
03-09-2006, 10:44 PM
I might not need them.. I got a syringe from work and I am going to use some boiling hot water on it in a few.