PDA

View Full Version : Group Buy from Salty Underground Vancouver

Jason McK
03-09-2006, 02:31 PM
Anyone interested in a group buy of Aptasia eating Nudi's?

J

Chin_Lee
03-09-2006, 03:56 PM
i am if they have flatworm eating nudis.... do they?

Anyone interested in a group buy of Aptasia eating Nudi's?

J

Jason McK
03-09-2006, 04:00 PM
I don't think so.
check out there web site www.Saltyunderground.com

J

GobiGurl
03-09-2006, 06:06 PM
I'm in for one! My peppermint shrimp doesn't seem to have much of an appetite for them. (Not that I blame him) Blick!!

fishface
03-10-2006, 02:47 AM
sounds great but what happens when you run out of aptasia's?? just wonderin"...

G1GY
03-10-2006, 03:16 AM
sounds great but what happens when you run out of aptasia's?? just wonderin"...

You also run out of Nudi's about a week later. :( (Or you can give them to someone else before they die.) :)

1bigstud
03-10-2006, 06:12 AM
I'm in as well. I have a bit of of an hair algae probl;em in my tank and I hear they eat that too.

cprowler
03-12-2006, 03:11 PM
I'm in too, if this is still on.

medican
03-12-2006, 03:26 PM
Ill take 2 as well

Jason McK
03-12-2006, 04:10 PM
Minimum for a group buy is 20.

I'm going to get 5
Gobigurl is in for 1
1bigstud is in for 1
CProwler is in for 1
Medican is in for 2

that's a total of 10

We need 20

I'll hold off until 20 are ordered. If people don't care about a price brake I'll go ahead and we can just split the shipping & handling

J

cprowler
03-12-2006, 04:44 PM
I'll just go with one, I don't think I have alot of aptasia to keep two alive.

Willito
03-12-2006, 10:50 PM
If I may add a little insight to these Nudi's.

Regardless how much of an aiptasia problem you have, 1 or 2 Nudi's will not work effectively. The success rate of the Nudi depend on 3 main things
1. aiptasias to feed on
2. more than 1 Nudi to reproduce
3. no predators

The first one is easy to achive, but the other two may not be. If the Nudi's can't find each other to breed and multiply the population, then it would be painfully long to see results. The key is to get them to multiply as fast as possible, that's where you will see results. Unknown predators in the tank is another big one. There is no way to know what will and will not eat these little guys. Everything that is possible of consuming these guys, may or may not. No one knows for sure. It is a fact that these Nudi's eat nothing but aiptasia, and if placed in an ideal environment, the result will be close to 100% everytime. However, the ideal environment is not easily achived for everyone.

I am speaking from experience and I had a success rate of 0%. I had 8 Nudi's in a 100g reef, with 6 fish, 5 hermits, 6 snails, 1 shimp, 1 hairy crab (can't catch him), and various unknown night creatures. At first I knew that it would take some time for the population to build up, so I waited and waited. 2 months go by, and never did I see them, even with flash light late at night and my aiptasia population remain the same or worst. At that point I gave up on them and introduced a dozen peppermints and a copperband. Things are improving now.

I chimed in with no intention to discourage anyone from buying but more to share my experience and perhaps answer a few uncertainties. My money spent on these nudi's wasn't a complete waste, I gained some knowledge about them. I hope this will help someone who is thinking about getting some. It would have been nice if I had read some sort of experiences like this before I took the plunge. Everything I read prior to buying said it worked, don't know why mine didn't.

IMO, to have success with these Nudi's, they must be in a controlled environment. The infected rocks has to be removed from the display tank and placed with the nudi's where they won't be preyed on. Doing this however, would surmount to a ton of work and would be worth while for most. It wasn't worth it for me, that's why I went with peppermints and copperband...fingers crossed again.

Jason McK
03-12-2006, 11:57 PM
Good info Willito,

I will let people decide if they still want to get them.
If you want to change or cancel your order let me know.

I also Heard from Wendell that OA may bring them in, but no time frame was given

J

Jason McK
03-16-2006, 03:23 PM
well shale we do this thing?

I'm going to order tomorrow, so lets confirm who want some.

J

1bigstud
03-17-2006, 12:12 AM
count me in dude, I'm thinking it's probabl best to get a pair.
So I'm in for 2

1bigstud
03-24-2006, 04:01 AM
Hey everybody whats goin on with the buy? If it's not to late can I order 2 instead of one?

Rick.

Jason McK
03-24-2006, 05:17 AM
Hey Rick I think it's just you and me. Not sure though.

I want to order ASAP but so far there has been little replies.

I'll say Saturday will be the close date and we will order Sunday
Everyone must confirm their order in this thread in order to have their Nudi's ordered

So get you #'s together and post what you want the price break is at 20

Jason

Jason McK
03-27-2006, 04:21 AM
Ordering tomorrow. So Rick it's just you and me.
Monday March 27th

J

Jason McK
03-27-2006, 10:04 PM
Order placed

Should be here Thursday. Rick I ordered you 2
I did order some extras if anyone is interested

J

1bigstud
03-28-2006, 06:07 AM
cool thanks man, Only problem is I got a huge paper due on friday so I doubt I'll be able to get out of the house on thursday. Would you mind holding them for awhile or dropping them off?

Jason McK
03-31-2006, 02:35 AM
1bigstud,

I'll be in Richmond tomorrow morning. Call me to arrange drop off

I PMed you my number.

Good luck with the paper

Jason