PDA

View Full Version : Fragging zoos..question

McNasty
03-07-2006, 01:20 AM
I have some zoos dangling from the rock , 4 polyps to be exact and I was wondering how i could mount these to some small rubble rock safely. I have let them drop in the past hoping the would attach to a shellor something on the bottom, only to see them swept into some crevice in my rock work never to bhe seen again or float into my elegance coral and get gobbled up.

ANy suggestion would be welcome, has any one ever tried using gel crtazy glue? heard an elastic would work but wont the zoos just split apart and fall off the rock any ways?

OCDP
03-07-2006, 01:23 AM
Super Glue Gel. Works like a charm, one drop is often enough for zoos IME.

Good luck :mrgreen:

TheReefGeek
03-07-2006, 01:26 AM
Take the rock out if you can, otherwise you will have to get the zoos out.
Use tweezers or an exacto knife or similar to get the polyps off their rock.

Then just like you suspected, use crazy glue gel to attach them to a rubble rock of your choice. You can do it out of water, zoos are hardy they wont die on you.

Lots of people use elastics successfully, but I find it hard to get just the right amount of pressure on the frag, enough to hold it but not enough to cut into it.

Some people use 2 part epoxies successfully too.

McNasty
03-07-2006, 05:38 AM
thanks for the info, I heard people using super glue on leathers to so figured zoos would be safe as well.

IslandReefer
03-07-2006, 09:19 AM
Yes "super glue" gel is the thing to use. A gentle dip in tank water will set up the gel...then place in your tank....I still loss a few LoL.
Also when cutting/scapping off the LR, try to get a thin layer of coraline/LR left on the polyp bottom\, as a tag to glue ....FYI try not to crush,cut, mutilate ,staple or cover the polyps with glue.
ALSO***Very Important!!!!** wear gloves and some sort of eye protection as zoos can carry a NASTY (as in DEADLY) toxin.
(I got just a micro squirt on an eye lid and had a sore red eye for days)
Good Luck
PS what colors do you have:mrgreen: ?