PDA

View Full Version : new skimmer

reefnut
03-06-2006, 12:40 AM
looking at buying one off ebay.there is two in particular that a very common on ebay.one is called a propack and i guess its a knock off of the cpr bakpak.and the other is a jebo that according to the sellers specs fit from a 75 to 150 gall tanks.is there anyone using either of these skimmers? and if so how do you like it?is it noisy?i have a 33 gal with sump that totalls around 32 gals of water and am looking for a new skimmer as i found out how bad the seaclone really does suck.any input on the skimmers or others that arent gonna cost more then the entire setup.

TheReefGeek
03-06-2006, 05:18 AM
I don't have any first hand experience with either of those two skimmers, but Jebo is a cheap brand name, and you usually get what you pay for.

What about an Urchin, or one of the smaller ASM G series skimmers?

HimSelf
03-06-2006, 05:38 PM
If these are knock off skimmers then wouldn't it be the same as the brand name ones and there for have the same results? If the pump is different then we can change the pump and that would be it?

If the knock off are good then I want one too!

TheReefGeek
03-06-2006, 05:43 PM
Knock-offs can be good deals, but I would want to see it in person first, to verify that the design is actually the same, and that the materials are not too cheap. That or maybe someone has tried these and you can get first hand experience.

And like you said, compare pumps.