PDA

View Full Version : Premium zoo -- frag for trade (Edmonton)

Matt
03-03-2006, 04:16 AM
I have a small (~10 polyp) frag of very nice bubblegum zoo. I am interested in trade for another premium zoo frag of similar size... Local only.

The bubblegum is olive green-brown skirt, vibrant turquoise body, peach (pink) centre.

Matthew

kuatto
03-03-2006, 04:38 AM
Hi Matt
Got a picture of this zoo?

Xtasia
03-03-2006, 05:03 AM
Bubble Gum zoos are actually purple/violet faced with pink disk. Someone in edmonton is selling misidentified "Bubble Gum" zoos... Not saying it's Matt, but it might help in the sale if there is proper identification.

The zoos in these incidences (and from the description) are commonly called Green Bay Packers... from Tonga Shipments. Really pretty, with or without actinic.

http://www.zoaid.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=119&g2_serialNumber=2

Matt
03-03-2006, 05:07 AM
Close, the skirt is a bit less brilliantly green, but close. OA sold them as "bubble-gum". Thanks for the correction. And thanks for the link to zoaid! The link below is from OA, and pictures them as sold to me. They've coloured up a bit from that picture, but it is representative.

Matt

http://www.oceanaquatics.com/images/Bubblegum%20Zoo%20Frag.JPG (http://www.oceanaquatics.com/images/Bubblegum%20Zoo%20Frag.JPG)

bnhreef
03-03-2006, 05:29 AM
Hey Matt,

You have a PM

Brad

kuatto
03-03-2006, 05:49 AM
PM sent :)

Matt
03-03-2006, 05:50 AM
Zoaid is a fun site... the closest on there is called "baby back blues". The colour isn't quite right, but lighting and all...

They're not for sale... zoo trade only. If you've got a good'un, pm me a picture!

Matt

Xtasia
03-03-2006, 06:17 AM
Sorry but the picture you posted looks like the Green Bay packer/Boy scout...

Baby Back Blues are blue faced almost to the point of white...

Seriously.. Just go with name green bay packer is the color. That's what Ocean Aquatics BC was selling.

Bob I
03-03-2006, 09:20 PM
Bubble Gum zoos are actually purple/violet faced with pink disk. Someone in edmonton is selling misidentified "Bubble Gum" zoos... Not saying it's Matt, but it might help in the sale if there is proper identification.

The zoos in these incidences (and from the description) are commonly called Green Bay Packers... from Tonga Shipments. Really pretty, with or without actinic.

http://www.zoaid.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=119&g2_serialNumber=2

Here's something I have always wanted to mention. Common names have no validity when describing an organism. Names vary from region to region, and therefore are equally valid.

Only Latin binomials are scientifically correct when naming an organism. However, I don't think these zoanthid subspecies , or Morphs as people like to call them have ever been properly described or named. Therefore, any name given is as valid as any other.:mrgreen:

Matt
03-04-2006, 01:38 AM
Good point, Bob.

BTW, I'm still looking for someone to trade with...

Matt

hockey nut
03-04-2006, 08:54 AM
Here's something I have always wanted to mention. Common names have no validity when describing an organism. Names vary from region to region, and therefore are equally valid.

Only Latin binomials are scientifically correct when naming an organism. However, I don't think these zoanthid subspecies , or Morphs as people like to call them have ever been properly described or named. Therefore, any name given is as valid as any other.:mrgreen:

That may be so. But are you going to call them Zoanthid sp #127988-213B. ( I don't think so ) also it's BORING. So give them a nick name and use the name "maybe" to represent the type/colour of zoa that makes sense? Would you call a Pink coloured Zoa a " blue thunder zoos " NO!!!. Lets be realistic. Call it a Pink Panther or something of that nature true to its colour etc and you could have a COMMON "description/identity" which is relevant to that colour of zoa. I do fully admit that some nick names are miss informing and trivial but for the most part have been given as the common name that has been accepted for that type/colour Zoa. I think for the most part people want the zoa for its colour and uniqueness not it's nick name. The zoas in this post are nice looking but are very similar to zoas that have been given names. The sure way around this is to mention that they are close in colour to a specific type of named zoa but are better looking... wink ..wink..

SPS examples.. Super man....... Purple monster ......Birds nest.....etc
LPS examples... Green hammer...... Frog spawn.......... Toad stool.....etc.. just to name a few have been given these nicknames and it's funny that people will know what I am talking about when those names are mentioned. These nicknames must have validity when people know what Frog spawn is and what a birds nest is etc......these corals are mainly identified by those names. How do you justify that these names have no merrit?

I think the names are here to stay.:)

Bob I
03-04-2006, 10:09 PM
That may be so. But are you going to call them Zoanthid sp #127988-213B. ( I don't think so ) also it's BORING. So give them a nick name and use the name "maybe" to represent the type/colour of zoa that makes sense? Would you call a Pink coloured Zoa a " blue thunder zoos " NO!!!. Lets be realistic. Call it a Pink Panther or something of that nature true to its colour etc and you could have a COMMON "description/identity" which is relevant to that colour of zoa. I do fully admit that some nick names are miss informing and trivial but for the most part have been given as the common name that has been accepted for that type/colour Zoa. I think for the most part people want the zoa for its colour and uniqueness not it's nick name. The zoas in this post are nice looking but are very similar to zoas that have been given names. The sure way around this is to mention that they are close in colour to a specific type of named zoa but are better looking... wink ..wink..

SPS examples.. Super man....... Purple monster ......Birds nest.....etc
LPS examples... Green hammer...... Frog spawn.......... Toad stool.....etc.. just to name a few have been given these nicknames and it's funny that people will know what I am talking about when those names are mentioned. These nicknames must have validity when people know what Frog spawn is and what a birds nest is etc......these corals are mainly identified by those names. How do you justify that these names have no merrit?

I think the names are here to stay.:)

Once again you did not read what I said. However, this is a sale thread in the for sale forum, so I will not continue the discussion here.:mrgreen:

hockey nut
03-04-2006, 11:10 PM
Ok?

:0)

Myanth
03-05-2006, 12:55 AM
It is a sale thread, for some gorgeous Zoos, regardless of their names.

I would much rather read discussion than ... Buuuuuump.

and the thread gets free bumpage.

wish I had something to trade :sad:

Good luck
Mike