PDA

View Full Version : Ampmaster 4700... WOW!

Jaws
02-28-2006, 08:04 AM
Well, it's 1:00am, the plumbing is finally finished and the cement is dry so I finally got to turn my new pump on. I was running two 1" sea swirls off a Mag 24 pump on a closed loop and it wasn't overly loud but it wasn't quiet either. Especially considering my tank is directly beside my livingroom couches and noise is easily heard. I wanted to add another sea swirl so I was really scared to hook up such a large pump like the 4700 because of the noise factor and all the equipment being under the tank and not in another room. It's all said and done now and I can't believe a pump that's pumping twice the capacity of a Mag 24 can be half as loud. I have to put my ear a foot away from the pump just to hear it. Maybe I'll be able to hear the tv on a low volume again so my girlfriend doesn't have to keep getting up every 20 minutes to tell me to turn it down. Sorry honey, but this is one expense I think you'll approve of.

Invigor
02-28-2006, 11:28 AM
Maybe I'll be able to hear the tv on a low volume again so my girlfriend doesn't have to keep getting up every 20 minutes to tell me to turn it down. Sorry honey, but this is one expense I think you'll approve of.

Honey, How am I supposed to enjoy the sound of the pump with all that yakkin!?

hehe. anyways, glad you like your pump, i've got an ampmaster 3000 and love it :mrgreen:

Tom R
03-05-2006, 01:50 AM
I have been using an Ampmaster 3600 for 3 years and it is not only very quiet it also runs with out heating the water.

Tom R