PDA

View Full Version : Securing corals

Aquaholic
02-27-2006, 05:32 PM
What does everyone use for securing corals and such to live rock in the water? I have recently bought a sea hare and he's quite large and knocking over some of my stuff.

Thank you

TheReefGeek
02-27-2006, 05:44 PM
Superglue Gel.

If convenient, take the rock out and you can do a bit better job of securing a coral then under the water.

mr_alberta
02-27-2006, 05:45 PM
Use 2 part epoxy in conjunction with superglue.

TheReefGeek
02-27-2006, 05:46 PM
That size tank wont support a sea hare for very long, once your tank is cleaned up of algae, try to find another reefer who can use him before the sea hare dies of starvation.

What city are you in?

atcguy
02-27-2006, 05:48 PM
epoxy for me , but only the grey stuff or purple stuff to blend with live rock, I find the white is electric white and unatural, especially under actinics.

Aquaholic
02-27-2006, 05:54 PM
I'm in calgary, and i was thinking of things to do with the sea hare after, supplemental feeding, selling, moving to other tank, and so on. I will deal with that when it comes up.

p.s. where do you get the glue?

TheReefGeek
02-27-2006, 05:59 PM
They dont usually show any signs of starvation before they disappear, so just measure by your algae levels.

Start a communal sea hare, Im sure there are lots of people in Calgary who would want one for a few weeks to help clean up their tanks.

digital-audiophile
02-27-2006, 07:12 PM
I use the marineland "holdfast" epoxy. Comes in a stick, cut off how much you want.. smush it up make sure it fills in all the holes in the frag, then hold it into a good spot underwater to a rock, adding extra epoxy if needed. I then cover the frag with a small tupperware for about half an hour as the expoxy set and you are good to go.

This brand does cure white, but if you have a decent amount of carline growth in your tank, the white will be covered within a month.