PDA

View Full Version : Fish stores and bling bling

whonow
02-27-2006, 04:35 AM
Recently I have upgraded my lighting system so I can now expand my coral selection in my tank at home. Today I went to buy some new things ( sps and lps ) I went to oceans to check it out but was dissapointed. I was shocked to see that oceans was trying to compete with wai's for coral prices. To me now it seems that you are better off biting the bullet and paying for shipping off J&L. This was you know you are paying alot for shipping and not just being bent over and overcharged. Thumbs up to Golds and Big Als for making it reasonable and not so difficult to keep the hobby going. Anyone else find this.

Delphinus
02-27-2006, 05:14 AM
I find they all have their good days and bad days.

This is precariously close to a "rate your vendors" thread which we don't allow, because they always turn into headaches. I know we like to vent a lot in this hobby, but remember that if it weren't for the vendors we wouldn't have choice. It's up to each individual to choose who they like. Talking about the negatives in a forum such as this isn't as productive as you might think. If you have concerns with a store, you're better off communicating those concerns to the store themselves. If you really cannot do this, then try to speak with your dollars.

EmilyB
02-27-2006, 06:08 AM
Why would this thread be picked out as such, when the Riverfront and Gold threads went untouched. Just curious.

midgetwaiter
02-27-2006, 07:35 AM
I'm going to go out on a limb and guess sponsorship, kind of hard for teh mods to miss a couple of multi page threads like that.

OCDP
02-27-2006, 02:16 PM
Why would this thread be picked out as such, when the Riverfront and Gold threads went untouched. Just curious.

I was wondering the same thing.... there was a thread ALMOST dedicated to bashing Riverfront and such , and nothing was said :confused:

Delphinus
02-27-2006, 03:36 PM
You people are mistaken. That thread got closed. Now this one will be.
Have a nice day.