PDA

View Full Version : I hate Ich

ldzielak
12-13-2001, 03:11 AM
Well I lost my Powder Blue this week to Ich. I only had him for 3 weeks, images/smiles/icon_sad.gif he was doing good, eating and all. Both cleaner shrimp were taking good care. But while I was out of town this week, he stoped eating on Tuesday and was dead by afternoon. Monday was no better, I lost my Flame Angle too, images/smiles/icon_sad.gif I had him for a long time in my previous tank. Both of them were having a harder time breathing on Monday when I left.

So I only have my single Bangai Cardinal who looks pregnant and has not been eating (Sure hope she comes around). And my Golden head gobie, who is excavating the tank as normal.

I will be setting up a FO tank and move these guys over for a month or more to completely get the Ich out of my big tank. Then as recomemded, I will have a isolation tank for 1 month for all new fish.

Will miss you guys:
http://oberon.ark.com/~ldzielak/fish/Flame.jpg http://oberon.ark.com/~ldzielak/fish/Powder_Blue.jpg

[ 12 December 2001: Message edited by: Lee ]

[ 12 December 2001: Message edited by: Lee ]

Silverfish
12-13-2001, 03:43 AM
Sorry to hear about your fish, Lee. I hate ick too images/smiles/icon_mad.gif
I lost a clown goby, and almost lost my citron goby, but the worst of all, I lost a friends Atlantic Blue Tang images/smiles/icon_sad.gif He asked me to fish-sit for him while he moved to Vancouver, and he didn't make it. images/smiles/icon_sad.gif

Hope I didn't open an old wound, images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Bruce

Tropical Paradise
12-13-2001, 03:51 AM
Next time you get ick, Lee, use the garlic method.

I thaw brine shrimp in a small container. Goto local health store to buy Garlic in capsules that contains garlic oil inside. Cut the capsule and squeeze out the oil. Use 1-2 capsule. Let it soak for 2-3 hours. Feed your fish, and hope that ick will be gone in 3-4 days. It worked on my tank. Worth a try! Why not, it will only cost you $5-6 for a bottle of garlic oil.

Kai-Wei
images/smiles/icon_cool.gif

titus
12-13-2001, 04:22 AM
Oh man,

I had that once when I bought a yellow tang from a LFS. It was horrible.

DJ88
12-13-2001, 10:21 AM
Sorry to hear about that Lee..

I know the feeling..

Troy F
12-14-2001, 04:37 AM
Lee sorry to hear it. Powder blue tangs don't fair well in captivity. LFS will all tell you otherwise but look at the numbers, they don't lie.