PDA

View Full Version : 14K Iwasaki 175watt

Willow
02-24-2006, 01:32 AM
looking at the Premium Aquatics site today i noticed that iwasaki has a new 14k bulb. pm is saying that it is "blowing away 250watt lamps". im pretty excited about this, has anyone ordered any yet? i would like to know how blue the 14k really is and what the par is like to be blowing away 250 watt bulbs. anyone see one or read any reviews?

Veng68
02-24-2006, 02:06 AM
I'd like to see what Sanjay Joshi has to say about that. Although I do think he did mention something about a new iwasaki bulb.

Cheers,
Vic [veng68]

Willow
02-24-2006, 04:45 AM
i got a response from pa

question
I'm putting together an order and wanted to know if the new Iwasaki 14k 175 watt bulbs would fire on Hamilton ballasts? I also wonder if you guys have seen them running and how blue are these bulbs? any color comparisons of other bulbs maybe ie: Hamilton, Ushio. I am currently running XM's 10k and would like some additional blue.

answer
Hi,

Yes, they claim they will run on magnetic, pulse or electronic, so should be fine on your ballast. We have one running at the shop, but it's not very blue looking to me. I would say it's closer to 10K, but it is nice and super bright, I can see where they are getting the near 250watt output claim. It's not as blue a the 14K Hamilton bulb though.

So I would say maybe a little more white, slight blue compared to your Xm, but not a big difference, other then more intensity.

thanks,

jason