PDA

View Full Version : Nano lighting question

prosnow
02-23-2006, 07:21 AM
going to be starting a 7 gallon nano inspired by Fish and was wondering if you guys had any recommendations for my lighting,...i'm leaning towards the 70w MH, but i'm also just thinking of going PC like i did with my 35 gallon cube...hmmm tough call, any advice?

muck
02-23-2006, 02:33 PM
What are you plans for corals/fish/clams?

(Personally Id do either a 70W or 150W DE MH. :mrgreen:)

prosnow
02-23-2006, 02:42 PM
i'm hoping to put pretty much w.e. i want in it, if i go witht he metal halide right now...from my understanding i should be able to keep any kind of coral accept for maybe some mushrooms right?

muck
02-23-2006, 02:52 PM
Then definately go with the MH.

Mushrooms should do fine as well I would think.
Don't really have to much experience with shrooms as I don't care for them and find they spread too quickly to EVERYWHERE!! :lol:

Fish
02-23-2006, 03:33 PM
I found that my zoos and mushrooms do fine under the halide (just don't grow as fast as they otherwise might). It has been nice to have the flexibility to add sps as my interests have changed. To tell you the truth, I only went with halide because I was building an ultra clean setup and no other lighting option allowed for so much light in such a small package. Since, then the other benefits that I have observed are cost savings and... shimmer!

- Chad