PDA

View Full Version : Where would you go?

Old Guy
02-22-2006, 10:52 PM
I have won a trip for four and have been given 18 cities to choose from. I won't list them all because some places I will not go to.

Narrowed it down to 7 nights in Sapporo,JP or 5 nights in europe at either Chamonix,Fr. ,Albertville,Fr.,Grenoble,Fr. ,Innsbruch, Austria, Oslo,Norway ,Lillehamer, Norway, St. Moritz, Switz.,Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Ger., or Cortina D'ampezzo, Italy.

Where would you go and why:question:

Jeff

Matt
02-22-2006, 10:56 PM
I'd take the free trip to somewhere I'd otherwise not plan to visit, so Italy, France and Germany are off my list. I think I'd pick Norway on that basis.

Funky_Fish14
02-22-2006, 11:07 PM
I'd probably check out Japan, just because it seems like a culture we see alot less of over here than european things/traditions/cultures.

Chris

christyf5
02-23-2006, 12:00 AM
Switzerland = mmm chocolate
France = mmmm pastries
Italy = mmmm pasta

:wink:

Although I do agree with Matt, I don't know how high Norway (or Japan for that matter, I can fumble my way through the romance languages but when they're not even using the same alphabet...) would be on my list without the free trip so I'd probly take the opportunity to check them out :biggrin:

TheReefGeek
02-23-2006, 12:07 AM
Depends on if you can extend it yourself or not. If you can, I would pick somewhere in europe that is cheap to get to other places, maybe france on that basis.

Johnny Reefer
02-23-2006, 03:10 AM
First of all....CONGRATS!!! That's great!:biggrin:

Personally, it would depend on what is included. If it's all expenses paid, except for souvenirs and personal purchases of course, then I'd be jumpin' all over Japan. Given that it's so expensive there I think that you'd be getting most out of your winnings if you went there. (If it's all expenses paid, of course).
A little biased , too, in that when I collected stamps as a kid, I was always intrigued by the Japanese stamps and have always wanted to go there...someday...as a result.
But whatever you decide, I'm sure it will be awesome.
Can't beat a freebie!:smile:

Looking forward to hearing about it, if you care to share.

Bon voyage and cheers,:smile:

G1GY
02-23-2006, 03:16 AM
Congrats on the win Jeff.:)

If you've never been to Europe, you wouldn't be disapointed by going there.:)

I've never been to the other place so I can't comment on them. :)

SeaHorse_Fanatic
02-23-2006, 07:57 AM
Sapporo Japan is supposed to be very similar to parts of BC (or at least the closest you'll get to home if you're in that overcrowded country). Lots of snowcapped mountains and Sapporo Ichiban BEER!!! I would still love to visit there with the wifey.

If you've never been to Europe & can travel from one country to another, then yeah, I'd go for Europe. It's bloody expensive there so if it's all expenses, whoo hoo. Depends whatcha looking for out of this trip. Seeing museums & landmarks, then Europe. Experiencing a totally foreign culture, Japan is great for that.

We're soooooo green with envy.

BTW, feel free to leave my contact number with whoever is watching your place if you want, in case of tank questions.

Anthony

Old Guy
02-23-2006, 11:57 AM
Thanks all.

Well we had a family meeting and have decided on Sapporo. Nagano was also on the list but didn't look as appealing as Sapporo. We all have been to europe. I also have up to Nov 2007 to use it.

Everything but meals is covered including car rental. They say the trip is worth 25 thousand. Full retail of course. I won it with the instant win from Coke. Even I get lucky once in a while:biggrin: .

Jeff

Murminator
02-23-2006, 02:42 PM
~*~*~*~*~ AMSTERDAM ~*~*~*~*~*~

YEAH BABY !!!!

http://www.guernsey.net/~korban/images/ALl.gif

muck
02-23-2006, 02:54 PM
Figures, Murray. :lol:

TheReefGeek
02-23-2006, 02:56 PM
And with all the coke I drink..... Nothin! Guess I have an excuse to drink even more :mrgreen:

Enjoy the trip!

digital-audiophile
02-23-2006, 03:01 PM
Congrats on your win! My folks are retired in Quallicum and my dad's retirment hobby is entering contests. In the past year he won a week long all expenses paid trip to cottage contry in Ontario, and he just won a week long trip to Italy.

It pays to enter contests!

Good choice by the way on Japan, Europe is easy to get to but Japan is just expensive, so it's nice to do that trip on someone elses dime.

Greg

Delphinus
02-23-2006, 04:03 PM
An instant win from a Coke? Wow that's fantastic. I guess they really do have winners for those things then.

Enjoy the trip, that should be awesome.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
02-23-2006, 04:53 PM
Good choice Old Guy. Sapporo has been one of my dream destinations too.

BTW, thanks for mentioning the Coke angle. Now my wife is encouraging, nah, insisting that I buy & drink more Coke. Woohoo. You win, I win. In the immortal words of Austin Powers, "Yeah, baby!"

Have fun on the trip.

Anthony

Old Guy
02-23-2006, 11:06 PM
Only thing about drinking coke, is all the Bacardi I have to buy to mellow out the taste:mrgreen: .

As for Amsterdam in the words of a famous song writer- no,no, no I don't do it no more, I'm tired of waking up on the floor

My son on the other hand would like to take his 5th trip there:lol: .

I know a couple that stop over in Osaka and had 2 halibut dinners with a bottle of good sake. The bill was $416 US. I think I'm doing cod and beer:razz: .

On a website I checked out, there is reference of a good food market in Sapporo and they recommend having a breakfast consisting of rice, urchin and salmon roe. My wife says were packing Weetabix:lol: .

I thank you all for your thoughts and considerations.

Jeff