PDA

View Full Version : what would eat grape Macro

RobbAdams
02-22-2006, 05:19 PM
I bought an acro from ocean here in Calgary, it is doing great. however the bit of grape Macro attached to it is quickly multiplying. is there something that will eat this? a tang is not an option as I only have a 24x19 footprint (Bowfront)

Robb

Ruth
02-22-2006, 05:24 PM
Too bad your not closer to me. That is my Naso tang's absolute favourite. I have some that came in as a hitch hicker on some coral or other and was over running my 12g. I just keep rotating rocks from this little tank into my Naso tank and then back again to grown some more. Works wonderful.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
02-22-2006, 05:28 PM
Seahares love grape caulerpa.

Ruth
02-22-2006, 05:36 PM
I don't think all of them do as I have some grape growing in my fuge (my Naso is a bruiser and likes it a lot) and my sea hare that is also in there does not touch it.

BMW Rider
02-22-2006, 05:38 PM
I got two corals from them last week too and both had a bunch of it growing on them too. I just picked off and scrubbed off as much of it as I could. I do have a yellow tang that should take care of any new growth. Turbo snails might keep it in check if you can remove the bulk of it first. Thats just a guess though.

One of my corals was an acro also, and it had some of the red bugs on it too. I treated it with interceptor which I still had from my last experience. I'd suggest you have a good look at your acro for them too since they are probably from the same tank at Ocean Aquarium. It also had a bunch of pom pom xenia growing on the base. I scrubbed it off too since I really didn't want it in my display. If I could have fragged it off, I would have kept it for my 50 gallon, but there was no way to do it.