PDA

View Full Version : Pulsing Xenia Vs Zooanthid

fvlewg65
02-22-2006, 02:56 PM
I “had” a small Zooanthid frag in my tank, it had been doing fine for the last 6 months and growing nicely. I added a Pulsing Xenia & a conch and a week later the Zooanthid is decimated. I put the two about 12” apart, around the Zooanthid is a Star Polop and a mushroom, but they seem to be fine. Is this a common problem that I wasn’t aware of? How far away should the Pulsing Xenia be from anything else? What else would you recommend?

muck
02-22-2006, 03:02 PM
Pulsing xenia will not have any effect on the zoos. You might have something else in there that found them.

Did you add any rock recently?
Any other critters?

fvlewg65
02-22-2006, 04:24 PM
I added three things at the same time, a yellow watchman goby, a conch snail, and a pulsing xenia. That was it! Don't know how to fix it. It looks like a couple of the Zoos came detached from the rock and are loose on the bottom, but the rest of them are gone!

Xtasia
02-22-2006, 04:44 PM
None of those corals should have anything to effect the way the zoos do in the tank, UNLESS you have them touching and the touch of one coral is persistantly RUBBING against the zoos.

With that said...

Lots of reasons why your zoos aren't doing well..

Are they melting or disappearing? If they are coming detached and were a frag, I'd bet that the glue isn't doing its job. You'll have to find the polyps and reglue them down.

More info, then more replies.

- X.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
02-22-2006, 04:49 PM
Pulsing Xenias are defenceless, unless you count the smell they leave on your hands when you touch them.

Check to see if any hitch-hikers, like crabs or checkerboard snails are lurking around.