PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have cool feather dusters?

Willow
02-21-2006, 11:44 PM
just got this colourfull feather today. i would love to see what some of your feathers look like.

http://www.johnhaisell.com/reef/canreef/feather.jpg

Chad
02-21-2006, 11:48 PM
I miss my feather duster.. Dropped his crown and then he disappeared in the rock work.

Where did you get that one?

Funky_Fish14
02-22-2006, 12:20 AM
Looks like a really nice purple coco worm, Willow! I've only ever seen them pink and red.

Unfortunately I dont have any fancy stuff like that, but would love to pick-up a hawaiian feather duster or coco worm sometime soon.

Chris

Beverly
02-22-2006, 12:32 AM
I've seen them in LFSs, but always thought they were hard to keep. How do you feed them, and what do you feed them?

SeaHorse_Fanatic
02-22-2006, 01:09 AM
Feather dusters aren't that hard. Just need to be where the flow will bring them some food once in a while. Fairly tolerant of water quality & non-photosynthetic so don't care about lights. That makes them one of the easiest things to keep in a reef tank. I find that the first few days is the tricky part, as they adapt to their new home. I've had at least one pop off its head & disappear into the LR too. After its established, they seem to be pretty hardy.

BTW, Willow that is a very cool purple colour. I have a purple one but not that shade I think.

christyf5
02-22-2006, 01:41 AM
Wow! Nice colors :cool:

Snappy
02-22-2006, 05:10 AM
I've seen them in LFSs, but always thought they were hard to keep. How do you feed them, and what do you feed them?
IME featherdusters are the easiest thing to keep in my reef. Just put it in a spot with a little flow, tucked in between some rocks and they will attach themselves and just filter feed on whatever your corals and clams are eating. They apparently live a long time.
Willow that is a cool colour. I have 2........maroon and white, and an orangish Hawaiian about 3-4 inches across.

bulletsworld
02-25-2006, 06:51 AM
I would say its a coco worm too as they always have the two heads popping outta the shaft. Never seen a purple one like that... NICE! Only ever seen them red, pink & white. Nice snag!