PDA

View Full Version : Reef-Roids & Goniopora

fortheloveofcrabs
02-20-2006, 05:52 PM
Hello all,

First, I lied, alvepora - NOT the 'G' word. They are stunning and AI has 'em - Buuuuuuut, you google "alvepora care" and the screen starts flashing red and sirens go off. If it wasn't for George Bush, I believe that if you googled 'failure' and hit 'I'm feeling lucky', a picture of this coral would pop up. Having said that, I'm always up for a challenge! Plus, I love this coral. Anybody have any experience with this stuff? Now, when I spoke to AI about it and all the bad things people have had to say about alvepora on the web they said that the sources were propably out of date and pre-date Reef-Roids. Well, my question is how good are these 'reef-roids'?

Thanks!

-Pauli

Willow
02-20-2006, 06:18 PM
do you have an oversized efficient skimmer on your tank now? gonis and alveapora like "dirty" nutrient rich water for them to feed on. the target feeding is pretty much a necessity with them or they will starve to death. check the lps forum on RC, lots of people successfully keep them but they are feeding them and caring for them seriously. the problems you read about with them are from clueless reefers who want someone pretty with flowing arms to jam into their tanks. they tank care and feeding.