PDA

View Full Version : Grocery Carts and kids

geopod
02-20-2006, 05:08 PM
People...I just had a misfortune within my family.My niece who is 3 yrs old tried to climb on the grocery cart and fell off cracking her head on the floor.I guess she was tempting to ride the front of the cart...She just underwent some surgery to relieve the fluid build up in her skull...PLEASE people if you have kids be careful and try not to let the kids ride the carts like that as it is dangerous and this was a very close call. As well as an EYE opener.I know all kids love to ride the front of the carts and we let them.We werent sure how the surgery was gonna go but we did good so far she is still in the hospital and will be for awhile.Safety.....please i ASKK YOU ALL TO WATCH dont let them ride the carts.

George

saltynuts
02-20-2006, 05:17 PM
sorry to here. hope all is good.

Beverly
02-20-2006, 05:28 PM
Sorry to hear about such a tragedy in your family, George :sad: I hope your neice is on the mend soon.

G1GY
02-20-2006, 06:58 PM
Sorry to hear that. :(

I hope all goes well for your little neice.

bulletsworld
02-25-2006, 05:47 AM
Wowzers! Sorry to hear about that George. Thanks for the heads up. The things we dont really think of though hey.

My prayers got out to your little niece.

geopod
02-25-2006, 03:15 PM
She is home now. She is doing better they will monitor her for the next 8 weeks.But she is her jumpy normal self again(wearing a bike helmet when she plays for now so she dont bang her head where she had surgery)

Thanks

george

Delphinus
02-25-2006, 05:23 PM
Wow that is scary. That happened to the daughter a coworker of mine a couple days ago as well. As a new parent I can only imagine the nightmare trauma for the family. Best of luck with the recovery. Both little girls are in my thoughts and best wishes and hang in there.