PDA

View Full Version : ocilarus clown

Montana
02-19-2006, 03:31 PM
I was wondering what is the best diet for my new clown, My tank is to new for a ananome, Will he like the nori for my tang. or do they like to eat more meat,or both??????????????/

rickjames
02-19-2006, 03:37 PM
Mine likes whatever I put in the tank... I feed him a combination of Formula 1&2 and frozen mysis shrimp. I have seen them eat nori in other tanks.

Ruth
02-19-2006, 03:45 PM
IME clowns are pigs! They will eat whatever you put in the tank and wiggle around looking hungry and want you to feed them more. They should have a good meaty source of protien tho so frozen mysis is a good choice - just be sure to thaw and rinse it before you put it in our tank. Mine also eat my homemade goop and seem to love it.

digital-audiophile
02-19-2006, 04:02 PM
I alternate foods to give a little variety. I feed Hikari Marine S, Cyclopeeze, Frozen enriched Brine and frozen Mysis.

As mentioned they seem to eat just about anything you offer them, I found mine to be a little skittish at first when it came to feedins, but now as soon as I turn of my circulation they come up to the surface and will just about take the food out of my hand.

adidas
02-19-2006, 07:32 PM
My clowns are absolute pigs, they fight my yellow tang for nori, they even eat a live feeder fish sometimes when i try to feed my lion!! The big clown takes a bite out of the fish and I can hear the crunch!

mind you, mine are saddlebacks so probably a little different.