PDA

View Full Version : Consolidating Tanks

Gizmo
02-19-2006, 12:43 AM
I have a 70G Reef and a 20G reef I need to join. Both have similar corals and are hooked into the same sump. Only diff is the large tank has a pair of black saddleback clowns and the 20 has a pair of tank bread run-of-the-mill clowns. The black ones host in a RBTA and are on the far left of the 70G If I put the colt coral that the orange ones host in on the far right of the tank, should these clowns get along?

adidas
02-19-2006, 12:46 AM
try it... i had 2 saddlebacks and a perc, the saddlebacks picked one side, perc took the other.

KrazyKuch
02-19-2006, 09:16 PM
I would say try....I successfully had Tomato clowns and Oscillaris clowns in a 77Gal!

Gizmo
02-19-2006, 09:49 PM
I'm going to start the move, a rock at a time, let the clowns and other fish adjust to changing environment, then move the clowns and the colt. Thanks guys

SeaHorse_Fanatic
02-19-2006, 10:43 PM
Reset up the tank & put the Colt on one side & the RBTA on the other. Take out the Saddlebacks & switch them with the Ocellaris. Leave the Ocellaris in the 70g first for a week to establish territory. Then introduce the other pair. I have a pair of Gold striped Maroons that are way bigger than my Ocellaris pair in a 3' 65g but they are generally getting along. Saddlebacks may be more belligerent than Oc. but less so than Maroons, so I would say that it can be done. As with everything else in this addiction, nothing is guaranteed, especially fish behavior. The other thing to worry about is the movement of your RBTA if you have to change its position. Generally, changing the rockstructure diminishes the territoriality of fish & helps you start sorta fresh.

Gizmo
02-19-2006, 11:11 PM
Reset up the tank & put the Colt on one side & the RBTA on the other. Take out the Saddlebacks & switch them with the Ocellaris. Leave the Ocellaris in the 70g first for a week to establish territory. Then introduce the other pair. I have a pair of Gold striped Maroons that are way bigger than my Ocellaris pair in a 3' 65g but they are generally getting along. Saddlebacks may be more belligerent than Oc. but less so than Maroons, so I would say that it can be done. As with everything else in this addiction, nothing is guaranteed, especially fish behavior. The other thing to worry about is the movement of your RBTA if you have to change its position. Generally, changing the rockstructure diminishes the territoriality of fish & helps you start sorta fresh.

Lucky for me the RBTA is already on the extreme left of the tank :D